The Official Movie Thread

Short visual essay on Takashi Miike by Miike biographer Tom Mes, author of Agitator: The Cinema of Takashi Miike. Mes on Miike is always pretty essential so naturally its well worth watching for fans. Even goes into a bit of detail on Miike's early 90's stuff and talks about some of the changes in the Japanese film industry and how Miike has adapted:

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I saw Zootopia the other night. I was rather shocked to find that I enjoyed it for the most part. The central message/theme behind the movie was hammered home a bit too much for my liking but I dug the story otherwise.

Funny thing how the two main characters in the movie are incredibly similar to the two leads in a mystery series that I read.

First time seeing 2 Guns since it came out.

"I hope you guys like the taste of balls,” “'cuz I'm gonna chop yours off, and stuff his balls into your mouth and your balls into his" :lol:

Watching Brief Encounter yet again. I consider this, In the Mood for Love, and Minnie and Moskowitz to be the three perfect love stories of all time, especially given how equally hopeless they are.

By the way Flick, your new Criticker ratings are all kinds of fucked up.

I saw Gravity earlier this week (or was it this weekend? I can't remember) but it was such an amazing film. So intense from start to finish!! My only complaint is once you see that movie once the intensity would go away because you already know how the scenario plays out.

Watching Brief Encounter yet again. I consider this, In the Mood for Love, and Minnie and Moskowitz to be the three perfect love stories of all time, especially given how equally hopeless they are.

By the way Flick, your new Criticker ratings are all kinds of fucked up.

:rofl: i haven't changed that much, just condensed. sick of trying to work out the difference between a 70 and 80. you're still my top TCI by miles ;)

i should watch BRIEF ENCOUNTER again, it's been over a decade. i highly recommend ROMANCING IN THIN AIR, that's one of my favourite romances you haven't seen. it's quite a complicated meta-narrative though so a little hard to follow on first watch.

also, again i haven't seen this in over a decade but back when i first got a boner for IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE and other such romances, i used to love LETTER FROM AN UNKNOWN WOMAN, so check that out.

You're not even in my top 20 TCIs, which actually surprises me. The only person on my kumpel list that is close if theficianado. I'll absolutely check both of those out. I need to start watching movies again. For the past few months, it's just been watch TV series on Hulu when I'm with my girlfriend or getting drunk and watching the same episodes of The Simpsons seasons 3-8 when I'm by myself.