The Official Movie Thread

this is basically just obliviousmaximus.com isn't it
:lol: If you're referring to Diabolique, its defiantly a site to bookmark. Now they have had a few turds in the punch bowl like this pathetic attempt at virtue signaling in the guise of a review of The Love Witch and this "review" of The Neon Demon is simply abysmal, but by and large some of the best film related writing on the web is to be found there, largely thanks to Ellinger and Deighan, the later even did a complete retrospective on Zulawski. The two also host the Daughters of Darkness podcast which I know I've recommended several times on here. The great Heather Drain was also recently added to the roster so that's another plus.

TCM are airing A Quiet Place in the Country early tomorrow. DVR that shit. http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/339963|0/A-Quiet-Place-in-the-Country.html

i can't wait to see THE LOVE WITCH. also, out of the ones mentioned in those lists, SHIN GODZILLA and EVOLUTION and HIGH RISE and CREEPY and obviously COSMOS.

Reactions: CiG
something similar happened on criticker, there was this senegalese movie called XEW XEW and all the ratings were either 10th tier or 1st tier with nothing in between, and there was just one review saying "the only masterpiece in the history of cinema" - then some people noticed this and jumped on the bandwagon etc, but nobody was sure if any of these ratings were serious or if the movie even exists. a lot of the info about it on the internet is contradictory and misleading, i.e. AMG confuses it with a french film of the same name, IMDB used to conflate it with some other movie etc. i think some people have claimed it was shown at a festival in brazil or something and given realistic seeming accounts of it though.

It gets more and more fascinating:

Sinbad: Shazam Genie Movie – Film Review — The Movie That Never Existed but I Can’t Forget

Shazam / Shazaam with Sinbad was real and here is all the Movie Information

If you look around various threads, its suggested that most are probably thinking of the Shaq movie Kazaam where Shaq does indeed play a genie, yet there are people who say they remember seeing Kazaam AND Shazam and aren't misremembering the Shaq movie as a Sinbad movie! The fuck is happening here?

It gets more and more fascinating:

Sinbad: Shazam Genie Movie – Film Review — The Movie That Never Existed but I Can’t Forget

Shazam / Shazaam with Sinbad was real and here is all the Movie Information

If you look around various threads, its suggested that most are probably thinking of the Shaq movie Kazaam where Shaq does indeed play a genie, yet there are people who say they remember seeing Kazaam AND Shazam and aren't misremembering the Shaq movie as a Sinbad movie! The fuck is happening here?

I thought Shaq's movie was Shazam honestly.

the first comment in that first link seems maybe plausible. like, it did so badly there were lawsuits and it got disowned etc lol. looks like it clearly exists, unless this has become such a big deal on, like, 4chan or something that tons of people are making stuff up to stir the pot.

just watched THE ALCHEMIST COOKBOOK, the latest from joel potrykus (APE, BUZZARD). another low budget movie about a deranged disenfranchised degenerate, inspired by EVIL DEAD and early jarmusch, climaxing with a SANSHO THE BAILIFF reference of all things. shit fucking rules.

thealchemistcookbookbanner.jpg

only just noticed the oscars completely snubbed ELLE for foreign film btw. i guess even the globes are ahead of them for risky/open-minded choices nowadays.

Picked up some more things, my local grocery store recently added a DVD section with surprisingly cool stuff and nobody around here is in the know enough to buy most of the cool stuff:

Trailer Park Boys: Countdown To Liquor Day
We Were Soldiers
The Big Red One: The Reconstruction
Macross Plus
Eddie And The Cruisers
Burnt Offerings
L.627