The Official Movie Thread

The coolest DVD I bought lately was a £2 four movies on two discs pack with Lawnmower Man, Capricorn One, Donnie Darko and Robocop 3, which is the one I'm not bothered about.

Reactions: CiG
Buy these two beauties. Both versions. You know you want them:

15994500_10155663182624097_7687050661879570350_o.jpg

1_1.jpg

https://www.toufaan.com/collections/frontpage/products/la-note-bleue-1991-special-edition
https://www.toufaan.com/collections/frontpage/products/la-note-bleue-1991-limited-edition

I think he was saying fuck Titanic.
Yes. I said it in 1997 and I'll still say it 20 years later. The late Jacques Rivette put it best in this amazing interview.

I agree completely with what Jean-Luc said in this week’s Elle: it’s garbage. Cameron isn’t evil, he’s not an asshole like Spielberg. He wants to be the new De Mille. Unfortunately, he can’t direct his way out of a paper bag. On top of which the actress is awful, unwatchable, the most slovenly girl to appear on the screen in a long, long time. That’s why it’s been such a success with young girls, especially inhibited, slightly plump American girls who see the film over and over as if they were on a pilgrimage: they recognize themselves in her, and dream of falling into the arms of the gorgeous Leonardo.

Reactions: rms and CiG
I had forgotten that James Cameron directed Titanic. To think he went from the first two Terminator films (in my opinion, masterpieces) and Aliens to that shit and movies like Avatar.

I guess he was more an example of an average director working during an exciting time rather than a great director.

Even Piranha II is > Titanic if you ask me.

I had forgotten that James Cameron directed Titanic. To think he went from the first two Terminator films (in my opinion, masterpieces) and Aliens to that shit and movies like Avatar.

I guess he was more an example of an average director working during an exciting time rather than a great director.

Even Piranha II is > Titanic if you ask me.
One of the things I disagree with Rivette in that quote I posted is the bit about Cameron not being able to direct as the films you cited along with The Abyss prove that he's got chops, its just that at some point along the way his head got stuck way up his own ass.

also it's freeleech weekend on karagarga if anyone else is on there. absolute fucking pain in the ass to navigate though 'cause their servers obviously can't handle it and it crashes every 5 minutes.