The Official Movie Thread

It's funny how Hollywood has to start begrudgingly accepting Gibson now that the public remembered that he's an amazing director/actor with Blood Father and Hacksaw Ridge.

I mean, I respect the guy. He went through the trouble of getting himself clean and back into the business, getting Oscar-nominated practically right out of the gate.

Reactions: CiG
i couldn't give a flying shit about whether a movie flops or gets oscar nominated or whatever. all i care about is that apocalypto was a 2 hour chase scene full of crazy waterfall jumps, panther chases, testicle eating and human sacrifice. gimme a suicide squad as nutty as that and anyone who doesn't like it can go jerk off over some pompous pandering garbage by david o russell or inarritu and gtfo

It's a good one. If I recall correctly, anti-USSR in nature?

Yeah, basically some rural mountainous part of America is the setting and a high school football team fight off a communist land invasion of America. Very young Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen and Jennifer Grey are all in it.

Mel Gibson is awesome as both actor and director. Also, his leaked rants at his exgf were hilarious. Swell guy!

It was and the little woman inside you knows it.
Didn't Max singlehandedly kill the Bullet Farmer with a machete and a can of gasoline? That's pretty impressive if you ask me. More impressive than shooting out a light.

They didn't exactly make him seem weak. Just outnumbered in the beginning.

the only bit i remember feeling somewhat like contrived feminism was the part where she takes the shot for him.
Really? I mean...this is Max we're talking about. His iconic firearm is a sawed-off double barrel shotgun. I never really associate him with marksmanship. ;)

feminism within fantasy / sci fi isn't as bad because it's just obvious exploration of ideas and less normalizing than if they introduce pegging into some sitcom or something

I enjoyed Apocalypto, I thought it was a good movie; but Fury Road blows it out of the fucking water.

Fury Road is just badass, and I'm not only talking about Furiosa. Max is a badass fucking character. There's metal, machines, and mad fucking people, and it's just glorious. That's all there is too it.

Not to mention it had some killer cinematography and choreography.

i love foreign movies featuring young european sluts getting naked

Jeune_et_Jolie_Young_and_Beautiful_poster.jpg

underaged french girl becomes a hooker and fucks old dudes

MV5BMjE1MzAxMTMxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODczMjE0NzE@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

underaged danish girl wants to be a model and fucks a bunch of dudes to get there

im a sucker for sophisticated facial features

i couldn't give a flying shit about whether a movie flops or gets oscar nominated or whatever. all i care about is that apocalypto was a 2 hour chase scene full of crazy waterfall jumps, panther chases, testicle eating and human sacrifice. gimme a suicide squad as nutty as that and anyone who doesn't like it can go jerk off over some pompous pandering garbage by david o russell or inarritu and gtfo

Obviously, but the money lenders care. ;)

Fury road was shit for the bludgeoning feminism and the strange diversion in the mad Max world, but I'll guess I'll give apocalyptico a try.

Furiosa though. I actually thought its feminist analogy was well done. It worked, it still works for me even if I am anti-feminist for the most part. That's the kind of leftist agenda film plot I can get behind because they got everything else right, except for you know, totally outshining the main character with the coolest heroine since Sarah Connor. Goodbadmove.

the only bit i remember feeling somewhat like contrived feminism was the part where she takes the shot for him.

At the same time, nowhere in Mad Max fluff does it say that Max is a marksman.

Max is a badass fucking character.

Yeah no, he was totally boring and shit in Fury Road.