The Official Movie Thread

watched Ip man 1, 2 and 3 the last 3 nights. amazing kung fu films with heart, loved em

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
because of that anti-semitic thing he said like ten years ago, would be my cynical answer. i get why the mainstream might just view him as a washed up actor with a crazy beard tho

making mike tyson say "let's see whose fists are the fastest" is just the cruellest fucking thing lmao

I hate when I start thinking about Kung fu movies too much. WITH boxing gloves on Tyson was breaking guys down with body shots. At no point is some little Asian guy going to eat that shit. Fuck your training, fuck your meditation, when your organs and bones are getting broken, you're done and done in a hurry.

I kind of wish Bruce Lee survived long enough to get involved with MMA. Would have been comical to see him grabbed and twisted.

Bruce Lee was actually adept at ground fighting and grappling, so if he ever decided to do MMA I don't think he would have been out of his depth like you seem to think. Not that it would have mattered, he despised the idea of martial arts as sport, which is why he was not opposed to eye-gouges or groin hits, he firmly believed you should be prepared at all times to utterly destroy your opponent.

Not many people seem to realise that he taught and promoted street suitable combat, not rule-riddled combat sport.

Lol Tyson had terrible line delivery but that was a very cool well choreographed fight

the final boss fights in both 2 and 3 were fantastic tho

also, there were times when i ugly-cried in all 3

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG