The Official Movie Thread

yeah, im kind of in the same boat. I seem to enjoy The Dark Knight less and less after each viewing and never really cared for the last one. Maybe i need to and rewatch it again.

But Batman Begins is just such a realistic and perfect take on early Batman. It's going to be hard to surpass that one imo.

yeah, im kind of in the same boat. I seem to enjoy The Dark Knight less and less after each viewing and never really cared for the last one. Maybe i need to and rewatch it again.

But Batman Begins is just such a realistic and perfect take on early Batman. It's going to be hard to surpass that one imo.

i've always thought Begins was the only one capable but still too fresh in my memory

I can't get passed Bruce Wayne being portrayed by an ugly midget comedian.

hmm never got that vibe. Also think the critique of Nicholson is ridiculous. Penguin fucked me up as a kid, nasty dude -- great acting.

@no country for old wainds

Watched Aguirre. Loved it. Kinski is pure evil.

XCOYVjVa1RPjNJrkjxsV-6v39ft2ad7IDm2olRTbIgoiikQDUQ62PpdZWQWEqcLvDIHHacqXmBUSNOMp2nos6-BM-tzIyMKtzQf07EJLBA=w240-h184-nc

Been awhile since I watched New Dragon Gate Inn and this part completely caught me off guard. :rofl:

IMGP0075.JPG

I don't know of any other wuxia film this insane and offensive.
Makes me wonder how liberal they were with the translation and subtitles when they released it here in Australia.

Checked out another WTF movie.....

Raw Force (1982)

Just going to copy and paste the description off the back of the copy I have....

"Welcome to Warrior's Island, burial ground of disgraced martial arts masters!

When the Burbank Kung Fu Club travels to this mysterious island, they quickly find themselves facing the bloodthirsty vengeance of flesh ripping, kung fu fighting zombies, gun-toting white slave traders and a band of strange monks, who may be the only key to explaining the madness. Edward Murphy's RAW FORCE is a virtual smorgasbord of over the top sleaze mixing zombies, cannibals, outrageous action, gore, copious amounts of nudity and starring exploitation greats, Cameron Mitchell and Vic Diaz".

1982-raw-force-vhs.jpg

Pretty much everything in the artwork happens in the movie :err:

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
The Tim Burton Batman movies were too jokey for me. Jack Nicholson was good as the joker but everything else was a bit too cheesy for me.

I'll come back later hopefully if im not too lazy to see It today.

I actually was probably disappointed the most specifically by Jack's Joker.

Keaton was a total goon, totally ridiculous casting imo (The Joker should never look towering and imposing compared to Batman ffs) but Batman Returns had Penguin who was awesome and @Oblivious Maximus was right, Catwoman was fantastic!

God did he get her right.

But I agree, way too cheesy for me. It's like he tried to update the old TV series but with that typical Burtonesque interpretation of "dark" which always comes across so cheesed up.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom