The Official Movie Thread

I finally watched The Shape of Water. It was pretty good, a bit weird. I liked it but I don't know if it was Best Picture worthy.

tonight ...
41Fidp38ceL.jpg

i love Pfeiffers Catwoman, but Julie Newmar will forever be #1 in my heart <3
Julie_Newmar_Catwoman_Batman_1966.JPG

MV5BZGE3MTA3OWQtYzVjYi00MjkwLThlZTQtNWUzOGVlYjEwMzBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

one of the all-time greats. the original already mischievously revelled in the destruction of that small-town spielberg magic, but the follow-up is a straight up lunatic id-ejaculating fuck you to hollywood's disingenuous anti-capitalist narratives and voracious appetite for sequels. dante pissed on and set fire to a copy of gremlins, slammed it on the exec's desk and screamed here's your fucking franchise! i can still scarcely believe it actually got made and released.

a lot of big names in Burtons Batman films but i actually think the casting is one of its weakpoints. Nicholson, Pfeiffer and Devito all do a great job but i dont care much for the rest of the lineup. That being said, after watching Batman again yesterday i might have to say that Nicholsons Joker is probably the best part of Burtons films.

I personally think Nolans films are way better;.

One of my favourite Batman film scenes ever:

Visually the Dawn of Justice Batman is probably my absolute favourite. I also like the way he uses a voice muffler/enhancer inside his helmet to amplify and mask his voice. Definitely a step up from Christian Bale doing Six Feet Under vocals. I'm pretty disappointed that it seems like the Affleck solo Batman movie project is utterly falling apart, with rumours that Affleck wants nothing to do with the project anymore. I thought his Batman was a killer portrayal well-deserving of its own solo film.

I heard that the Justice League movie sucked ass.

Randomly saw this on the shelf of my local thrift shop, didn't pick it up unfortunately but looked it up once I got him and damn I regret it! Hopefully it's still there tomorrow! Check this crazy shit out @RadicalThrasher lmao:

Last edited:
not sure this makes sense given the mainstream despises superman returns and modern comic book movies don't really resemble it

I really don't see how any of them are different. I guess more comedic elements but that's it..
you're really saying is there's no version of superman that would appeal to you - a lack of respect for gravity is kind of crucial to the lore lol

oh, to be clear i'm willing to ignore superman's problems because that's the point of the whole movie. just saying when everything else in the movie defies logic, and only because they are lazy/unattentive, why should I expect that movie to be good or treat it's audience well?

MV5BZGE3MTA3OWQtYzVjYi00MjkwLThlZTQtNWUzOGVlYjEwMzBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

one of the all-time greats. the original already mischievously revelled in the destruction of that small-town spielberg magic, but the follow-up is a straight up lunatic id-ejaculating fuck you to hollywood's disingenuous anti-capitalist narratives and voracious appetite for sequels. dante pissed on and set fire to a copy of gremlins, slammed it on the exec's desk and screamed here's your fucking franchise! i can still scarcely believe it actually got made and released.
Watched it the other day as a matter of fact. While I love the first time, The New Batch tops it in basically every way. Still amazed just how much pop culture Dante managed to jam in there.

@CiG Affleck/stunt double was fucking amazing in BvS!
the warehouse scene is EASILY my favorite comic book fight scene. Brutal as fuck!

JL wasn't awful, I enjoyed it. But it could have been amazing. Thanks Joss Wheden/WB

Reactions: CiG
Watched it the other day as a matter of fact. While I love the first time, The New Batch tops it in basically every way. Still amazed just how much pop culture Dante managed to jam in there.

did you watch the
john wayne
version or the
hulk hogan
version? i recommend youtubing whichever of those scenes you haven't seen (if any).

did you watch the
john wayne
version or the
hulk hogan
version? i recommend youtubing whichever of those scenes you haven't seen (if any).
The VHS that I watched the hell out of way back when had the John Wayne scene. Whenever it plays on TV it's usually the version with the Hulk Hogan scene in the theater.