The Official Movie Thread

Is that a doco? I have a book on the Milat trial which has the complete transcript of his cross examination, with annotations that explain the little traps and techniques being used by the prosecutor. Quite fascinating if you're into that sort of thing.

Reactions: CiG
I just watched the original Hendrix doco, released in December 1973. Cant believe how good it was and that I've never seen it. Interviews with Mitch Mitchell, Clapton, Jagger, Lou Reed, Pete Townsend etc and some incredible live performances I hadn't seen before.

Then I switch channels and Blue Velvet is on. Free to air tv delivers on this night.

OTR_KA_BB_I01_rgb.jpg

Even though the Outrage films aren't peak Kitano, they're peak Kitano in terms of rewatchable quality. I've watched 1 and 2 a stupid amount of times and they don't get old. Wish the 3rd one would come out in the English subtitles market already.

In some ways I would say the Outrage films are Kitano's own Election 1 and 2 (Johnnie To) with the way it really goes into the machinations of yakuza politics (all the backstabbing is just insane).

Animal Kingdom and Snowtown are both amazing. I'll add Hounds of Love to the list of stellar, intense, Aussie crime dramas. It's based on a true story although there are more liberties taken than Snowtown (which is mostly factual).
Have you seen The Boys? Another dark as fuck Aussie drama of that ilk.

519-MRN1iwL._AC_SY400_.jpg

It's been a while. Amazing film.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I agree with you, it's a step down from the first one, some good action, good car scenes, great violence etc but the plot was ridiculous and it felt like it dragged at times. Still, not terrible or anything, it was definitely a lot of fun.

Seems like they set up 3 to be a sort of Smokin' Aces plot where you have huge swathes of eclectic hitmen coming after Wick, which sounds like a good degree of simplicity to me. Hiroyuki Sanada and Mark fucking Dacascos are playing hitmen in it apparently.