The Official Movie Thread

He's not quite like Bill Hunter who I think had a contract to appear in EVERY Aussie movie but Ray's been chugging away for a while now.

Fuck, I totally forgot about Zodiac. That might be my favorite Fincher film. It's positioned at the sweet spot where his films began to assume this kind of vaguely artificial, shiny allure, but before they descended into the full-blown Hollywood sleekness of The Social Network.

Gone Girl is very good, but I don't think it comes close to Se7en or Zodiac.

The reason I like Zodiac more than Se7en is its humor. Se7en is mostly humorless, exempting a few lines; but it does urban somberness extremely well. By contrast, Zodiac has a playfulness mixed with a brooding darkness that contrasts perfectly.

Also, the murder scene at the lake in Zodiac... so brutal.

censor the spoilers you stupid cunts.

edit: you guys should already know what the consequences are for that kind of shit. Be prepared to go running and crying to the mods again after i spoil shit for you guys in the upcoming weeks ... maybe even months.

Last edited:
"Serial killer kills people in serial killer film"

"I KNEW IT! WEAK BITCH IM GUNNA GETCHA BACK CANT RUN CANT HIDE"

View attachment 16976
Nice, i see the resemblance too ....
DSC_0549.jpg

Reactions: CiG
lmao.

@Einherjar86 what is it that ties those films together so they can be compared? That they're detective/serial killer films or is it that plus a specific tone or something?

I really liked Patty Jenkins' film Monster and if that counts it might be my favourite of this subsubgenre or whatever it is.

Last edited:
It was the serial killer theme, yes; and there are definitely films I'm forgetting (Zodiac was one of them).

I actually never saw Monster--need to get on that. I used to be big into serial killer films. And I agree with no country, The Pledge is really good (dark as hell).

Reactions: CiG