The Official Movie Thread

Just finished watching Wes Craven's Summer of Fear (aka Stranger in Our House) and while it had potential, Lee Purcell is practically a goddess and some cool moments (also Linda Blair is kinda thicc which distracted me from many of the shortcomings... like her acting) in the end it was a pretty corny stereotypically acted and directed TV movie.

Can anybody recommend me some of the better TV movies?

I've seen Wes Craven's Chiller (not even as good as this one was, though again it had a lot of potential), Abel Ferrara's The Gladiator and his Crime Story pilot, The Day After and Carpenter's Elvis.

this guy for some reason reminds me of @no country for old wainds

Hendle - (looks at the binoculars)
Blythe: for birds
Hendle: I used to do a little hunting myself
Blythe: Oh not hunting, watching
Hendle: Oh, a bird watcher?
Blythe: Yes, that's right. Watching them and drawing them.
*silence* lmao
Blythe: I suppose you have bird watchers in the States?
Hendle: Yeah, we have some

:lol:

51D4km%2BCEFL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Watched it last night with the gf, still love it haha.

Just finished watching Wes Craven's Summer of Fear (aka Stranger in Our House) and while it had potential, Lee Purcell is practically a goddess and some cool moments (also Linda Blair is kinda thicc which distracted me from many of the shortcomings... like her acting) in the end it was a pretty corny stereotypically acted and directed TV movie.

Can anybody recommend me some of the better TV movies?

I've seen Wes Craven's Chiller (not even as good as this one was, though again it had a lot of potential), Abel Ferrara's The Gladiator and his Crime Story pilot, The Day After and Carpenter's Elvis.
Carpenter's Someone's Watching Me! which he did right before Halloween is really good. There's some cool Italian made-for-TV horrors from the late 80's also like Fulci's House of Clocks and Lenzi's House of Witchcraft.

There's a whole book on the subject, BTW. https://www.amazon.com/Are-You-Hous...44&sr=1-1&keywords=are+you+alone+in+the+house

Reactions: CiG
never got this, i get pumped when i hear about a good film and you're like "let me find a piece of shit by the 5th best 90s action star" instead :lol:

If I break my rule and watch it illegally, I would rather just watch something harder to find physically that I'm more keen to see. There's quite a few on my list that would take priority in fact.

I didn't try to find those Dolph movies either, I just happened upon them for super cheap. So what it is you don't "get" isn't even an accurate depiction of reality lmao.

Carpenter's Someone's Watching Me! which he did right before Halloween is really good. There's some cool Italian made-for-TV horrors from the late 80's also like Fulci's House of Clocks and Lenzi's House of Witchcraft.

There's a whole book on the subject, BTW. https://www.amazon.com/Are-You-Hous...44&sr=1-1&keywords=are+you+alone+in+the+house

I don't think I knew about that Carpenter one! Cheers.

it is really great lol, don’t let rms being a prick put you off ;) those of you who like it should try the wailing too as it’s basically a horror version (not as good mind you but still cool)

i’ve still never seen kids somehow.

it is really great lol, don’t let rms being a prick put you off ;) those of you who like it should try the wailing too as it’s basically a horror version (not as good mind you but still cool)

The Wailing is great. The goofiness at the start didn't really work or click tonally with the rest of the film, but I loved when it got serious with that whole "who is really the demon" premise.

I'm gonna download and watch Memories of Murder first just to rub it in.

In fairness it has been on my wishlist for a while.

It's on Amazon prime

Prick?! You guys must shit talk like 6 year olds then

The wailing as memories of murder? Oh Lord what am I seeing!!