The Official Movie Thread

81yCrVael6L._SL1500_.jpg
Did you get the new box set?

Yep

Critters brings back fucking memories. I still have a soft spot for the fourth one...

I saw it when I was really young, and that scene in the first one when the red eyes come up over the windowsill freaked me out to no end.

Reactions: rms and CiG
Slaughter in San Francisco
Breaker! Breaker!
A Force of One
An Eye for an Eye
Silent Rage
Forced Vengeance
Lone Wolf McQuade
Firewalker
Braddock
The Hitman

After that one I don't know any of the movies.

Ok if I'm reading this correctly these are the ones you haven't seen?

Slaughter in San Francisco- batshit crazy mostly because of the dub ( and it's a cheesy 70's hong kong flick). Chuck's a drug dealing rapist villain. Definitely check it out. I bought the Australian Umbrella Entertainment dvd and it's probably the best it will ever look also it's the American dub. You should be able to find it on the cheap down there.

Breaker! Breaker! - Really like this one. 70's trucker movie. Chuck's brother goes missing in a corrupt little town so he goes looking for him and ends up running around fighting the whole town! Highly recommend!

A Force of One - well, i like it, not sure if I'd recommend it. Plays out and feels like a tv movie. Has some good fight scenes with Bill Wallace vs. Chuck.

An Eye for an Eye - kind of similar to A force of One, except it's just a better made, bigger budget movie. Christopher Lee plays the villain and Chuck is boys with Mako! Think you'd dig this one.

Silent Rage - Horror thriller. Basically Chuck vs. a Michael Myers type character. Worth it for the bar scene fight alone!

Forced Vengeance - Badass! Revenge/chase movie takes place in Hong Kong. This was a turning point from martial arts type movies to action flicks for Chuck. Highly recommend!

Lone Wolf McQuade - one of the classics in his filmography. Western/martial arts hybrid.

Firewalker - has a bad reputation. Light hearted adventure with Lou Gosset Jr. I don't think it's as bad as its reply suggests, but I'm a Norris fan and like bad movies, so.......

Braddock MIA 3 - Balls to the wall action flick with high body/kill count, lots of explosions and Chuck wiping the floor with commies! Who wouldn't like a movie like that?

The Hitman - Gangster shit! Also a revenge movie. Pretty dark in tone (by Norris movie standards). Rocks a mullet, kicks a lot ass and wastes a bunch of Italian, Frech, and Iranian gangsters. Good stuff!

You didnt mention Good Guys Wear Black. So if you haven't seen it pretty much a 70's grindhouse political thriller. Light on action but still pretty good.

Also Hellbound, buddy cop/action/horror. Chuck vs. Prosatanos, a satanic servant from medieval times, again probably pretty bad, but i like it.

Reactions: CiG
You didnt mention Good Guys Wear Black. So if you haven't seen it pretty much a 70's grindhouse political thriller. Light on action but still pretty good.

This one I do have and have seen. It's in my pile to rewatch though, possibly tonight!

Slaughter in San Francisco- batshit crazy mostly because of the dub ( and it's a cheesy 70's hong kong flick). Chuck's a drug dealing rapist villain. Definitely check it out. I bought the Australian Umbrella Entertainment dvd and it's probably the best it will ever look also it's the American dub. You should be able to find it on the cheap down there.

Breaker! Breaker! - Really like this one. 70's trucker movie. Chuck's brother goes missing in a corrupt little town so he goes looking for him and ends up running around fighting the whole town! Highly recommend!

A Force of One - well, i like it, not sure if I'd recommend it. Plays out and feels like a tv movie. Has some good fight scenes with Bill Wallace vs. Chuck.

An Eye for an Eye - kind of similar to A force of One, except it's just a better made, bigger budget movie. Christopher Lee plays the villain and Chuck is boys with Mako! Think you'd dig this one.

Silent Rage - Horror thriller. Basically Chuck vs. a Michael Myers type character. Worth it for the bar scene fight alone!

Forced Vengeance - Badass! Revenge/chase movie takes place in Hong Kong. This was a turning point from martial arts type movies to action flicks for Chuck. Highly recommend!

Lone Wolf McQuade - one of the classics in his filmography. Western/martial arts hybrid.

Firewalker - has a bad reputation. Light hearted adventure with Lou Gosset Jr. I don't think it's as bad as its reply suggests, but I'm a Norris fan and like bad movies, so.......

Braddock MIA 3 - Balls to the wall action flick with high body/kill count, lots of explosions and Chuck wiping the floor with commies! Who wouldn't like a movie like that?

The Hitman - Gangster shit! Also a revenge movie. Pretty dark in tone (by Norris movie standards). Rocks a mullet, kicks a lot ass and wastes a bunch of Italian, Frech, and Iranian gangsters. Good stuff!

Also Hellbound, buddy cop/action/horror. Chuck vs. Prosatanos, a satanic servant from medieval times, again probably pretty bad, but i like it.

Awesome, cheers for the summary! LWM is one I have seen but don't own and I'm keen as fuck to find it, but no luck so far.

Did you see Chuck's insane cameo in The Expendables?

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Critters brings back fucking memories. I still have a soft spot for the fourth one...

I saw it when I was really young, and that scene in the first one when the red eyes come up over the windowsill freaked me out to no end.
It was one of the few instances where taking a franchise into space actually made sense given the origin story of the Critters. I've always liked part 4. Interesting cast. I've got a real fondness for third which is best known for being DiCaprio's first movie but it became more interesting for me years later after I'd discovered it was directed by Kristine Peterson who made the great horror gem Deadly Dreams.

Yes. That was pretty much a send off/tribute to his fans which was pretty cool. He's not to keen on talking about or interviewing about movies from his past. So that was kind of a final salute.

Damn I didn't know that. I've seen a few interviews where he has warmed to all the Chuck jokes, after previously filing lawsuits against some companies relating to them. Perhaps he did the cameo once he realised how much his fans truly love him.

Really sucks that JCVD and Steven Seagal have some epic rivalry, they were supposed to both be in one of the Expendables together. I thought JCVD was an awesome villain in the 2nd film.

i need to rewatch it as well, haven't seen it since it came out. not sure i'd go as far as ranking it above memories, but definitely 2nd from what i can remember.

You say that like Caddyshack two is not better than anything Tom Cruise has ever been in!

cruise is pretty great tho. i mean obviously he’s a bit of a cock, but the dude is a superstar and in his mid-50s and yet still does all his own stunts, gotta respect that.

Reactions: CiG
I'll give him Top Gun but nothing else. The last thing I watched with him in was the first Jack Reacher and I thought he ruined the movie