The Official Movie Thread

What to say? I'm bad with words, I liked what no country wrote about it on RYM and I came to the same conclusions on my own; that the film on its surface is a classic procedural detective film but hiding beneath that surface is police incompetence on full display in a way that could almost be called an anti-procedural film, kinda like the anti-western.

I liked the cinematography too, there was a real eye for beautiful, serene and genuinely horrifying at times shots. The scene where
the woman is walking home alone in the rain and as she's slowly panning her torch around, over her shoulder way out in the distance you see a man's head slowly rise up and then lower back into the vegetation. It was so subtle and I almost didn't catch it because unlike most films they didn't flash a gigantic neon sign or use it for a jumpscare.

The film's strength is that it leaves you hanging, I think. Giving it a "WHATS IN THE BOOOX??" moment would have tarnished it. Of course it's based on a true unsolved series of crimes so it was destined to end that way, but still.

Seeing some familiar faces in the cast was nice too.

919STtmJKwL._SL1500_.jpg

basically heat if you traded out pacino and de niro for gerard butler and the guy who played nick sobotka in the wire, replaced fancy chicago restaurants with LA strip bars and fast food joints, added a sprinkling of the usual suspects and GTA douchery, all while retaining those loud, sparse, tense and impactful set pieces, beach sunsets and a general sleekness. best thing about it is butler though, constantly sloppily eating and drinking in between being a total dick. netflix it if you ever want something pretty mindless.

DtdZ5UCUcAEISVA.jpg

DtdZ6KHUcAERBSp.jpg

DtdkqTmUwAAbSPM.jpg

DtdoM1wVYAAoCCY.jpg

DtdekGgUcAA5tRE.jpg

Looks like you've been catching up on some Chuck Norris lately! Have you seen all his movies?

Yeah man, totally by accident too. One night I decided to rewatch Invasion U.S.A. and the next thing I know I'm digging out all my Chuck DVDs.

I haven't seen all his movies, I'd say about half. These are the ones I haven't seen at all or have seen at some point but still need to buy a copy of:

Slaughter in San Francisco
Breaker! Breaker!
A Force of One
An Eye for an Eye
Silent Rage
Forced Vengeance
Lone Wolf McQuade
Firewalker
Braddock
The Hitman

After that one I don't know any of the movies.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher