The Official Movie Thread

Watching:

19943_2_large.jpg

this new animated spider-man thing is getting insane amounts of hype from most of the critics i read, and they mostly shit on superhero stuff. i'm intrigued but i'm not that big on the lego movie so i'm also suspicious.

The Lego Batman movies are great movies I'd much rather sit down and watch them than half the shit Hollywood dishes up these days.

Hahahaha what in the fuck

:lol: yeah i know, but believe it or not it's actually a pretty good movie. Some gruesome and inventive kills, lots of neon lights and a synthy score ( the movies from 1983), and it's a conspiracy/ mystery as to what's going on. Really heavy on mood. It's a Dutch movie so can watch it with subtitles but the actors all spoke English fairly well, and did the English dub themselves, so the dub is pretty damn good too.

I have another movie from the same director (Dick Maas) called Amsterdamned :lol:. That's pretty damn good too! The main actor is the same guy, so the sub/dub applies to that as well.

Last edited:
Just finished Twixt. What a charming little film, this might just be that my pool of references available to me is limited but it felt kind of Lynchian.

yessss. it’s also probably his most personal film when you consider that coppola’s own kid died in a boating accident (not to mention troubles with writer’s block, money problems, marital difficulties, audience apathy etc). makes the ending really moving i think.

Reactions: CiG
haha i actually like gravity whenever it's shutting the fuck up and focusing on the insane space stunts (although the score half ruins it even then). not so much when it's life of pi in space though. while we're on the subject of cuaron, i really need to revisit children of men.

I didn't mind Gravity either, even if a lot of it is heavy handed metaphor masturbation and yeah that god awful soundtrack ruins the film's strengths like the visuals.

I liked Children of Men a lot the one time I watched it, a lot of the techniques he used on that one didn't translate quite as well in Gravity I felt.

i liked it too but i've had friends since then basically shit on it for similar stuff i didn't like about gravity, so i'm intrigued to see if it holds up 10+ years on.

my favourite cuaron might be prisoner of azkaban tbh lol. the new one seems incredibly hyped even by his standards so maybe it's good.