The Official Movie Thread

I need to rewatch it, last time I came away feeling lukewarm on it.
I went in yesterday with the same mindset. Enjoyed it a little more this time around but yeah, definitely nothing special. I actually enjoyed my viewing of Signs from the night before more.

Tonight...
the-conversation-19939-movieposter.672.jpg

Fuck I need that one. ^

Also I need to check out Signs again, you enjoyed it more than in the past? I also need to rewatch The Sixth Sense.
i meant i enjoyed it more than Close Encounters. I actually think Signs is a pretty cool movie outside of the religious hocus-pocus they kind of try shoving in your face towards the end. I also think the Richard Dreyfuss is not that good of an actor, and it shows in Close Encounters.

Reactions: CiG
Alita - Battle Angel was pretty solid.
It was faithful to the anime adaption and built upon from the manga with what the OVA lacked.

Definitely my favorite movie of 2019

Finished First Reformed the other night, surprisingly good.
was the ending fake/dream like/in his head? that's my initial thought -- seems to be argued it was real.

Last edited:
The ending seemed obviously surreal to me so I was inclined to believe that it was just what he was imagining as he was dying - but on an abstract level, there's a different way to read it; throughout the movie, there are many parallels between the destruction of Toller's body and the destruction of our planet, and I think the ending was supposed to symbolize that uncertainty of not knowing whether we're headed for imminent extinction or not.

I'm not sure if I like this kind of thing (I guess I'm kind of a literal-minded person who dislikes allegory) but this is my read as to what was intended. That said, the ending feels like death to me, largely because of the Lustmord music playing over the credits.

Reactions: CiG