The Official Movie Thread

I've just returned from the cinema watching this Finnish (metal-related) movie called "Heavy Trip":

One of the most hilarious movies I've seen in the last couple of years. It had me laughing tears more than just once. If we should ever do the poll for the top 10 movies of 2018, I'll put this at no. 1.

tonight ...

bullitt1968fre47x63in2500LB-800x1200.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Is that the one about a group of metal heads trying to get to a concert?
It's about an unknown band from a small village in Finland - they haven't even got a name in the beginning and only been playing cover versions for years - who one day see a chance to play at a metal festival in Norway, but it's a long way to get there. Here is a review in English which should give you a good idea of what to expect from this movie.

Reactions: Slammed
I have an idea in my head for a comedy film about a bunch of pretentious dorks who start a black metal band somewhere in rural Scandinavia. I only really have a single scene planned out and it's the frontman explaining their band name to someone; he puts up his left fist and says "death", then his right fist and says "eternal", then he brings both fists together and growls: "Deathernal".

I wonder if this film is anything like the one in my head. Music seems pretty shitty though.

It's about an unknown band from a small village in Finland - they haven't even got a name in the beginning and only been playing cover versions for years - who one day see a chance to play at a metal festival in Norway, but it's a long way to get there. Here is a review in English which should give you a good idea of what to expect from this movie.

Ahh okay that's my poor memory playing tricks on me. I remember seeing the trailer for the movie ages ago but because it wasn't in English I figured it wasn't a movie coming my way any time soon so I never committed the name to memory.

I have an idea in my head for a comedy film about a bunch of pretentious dorks who start a black metal band somewhere in rural Scandinavia. I only really have a single scene planned out and it's the frontman explaining their band name to someone; he puts up his left fist and says "death", then his right fist and says "eternal", then he brings both fists together and growls: "Deathernal".

I wonder if this film is anything like the one in my head.
No, it's not.

Music seems pretty shitty though.
Not exactly the type of music I'd listen to, but this is not a movie about music and you won't get to hear much of it.

Ahh okay that's my poor memory playing tricks on me. I remember seeing the trailer for the movie ages ago but because it wasn't in English I figured it wasn't a movie coming my way any time soon so I never committed the name to memory.
In the monthly programme of the arthouse movie theatre where I watched this movie, it says that it was originally only meant to be shown as a special screening on three days in January and then to be released on blu-ray, but I don't know if this goes only for the dubbed German version (which I saw) or other countries as well. Luckily, my local cinema showed it another two times this week because of public demand - otherwise I would have missed it.

Such a great film, but it's lucky the director used the true story inspiration liberally, because if he made the actual story into a film it would have been way harder to have the audience feel sympathy for the protagonist.

Year 8 English class was not the time and place to watch Jimmy Blacksmith. We all hated it purely because it was school work. Wasn't until I read the book not as school work that I actually appreciated what the film was.

We were at a brutal school :p
The same year we also did Cuckoo's Nest. JB was our movie and Cuckoo's Nest was our book. If anything I would suggest 14-15yr olds were too young to actually appreciate either rather that too young to understand.

Reactions: CiG