The Official Movie Thread

Park Chan-wook Directing Violent Western ‘The Brigands of Rattlecreek,’ from ‘Bone Tomahawk’ Writer!

Now this is a power team. Collider is reporting that Park Chan-wook‘s (Oldboy, Thirst) next film will be an “ultraviolent western thriller” titled The Brigands of Rattlecreek, which has been picked up by Amazon Studios. The film was penned by S. Craig Zahler, the writer/director of both Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99.

Additionally, they note that Matthew McConaughey is being courted to star.

Finally saw Mandy. Definitely enjoyed it, lots of fun. The action sequences weren't always as choreographed as I was hoping, but it was still entertaining.

It's not a character-driven film, although there are some good performances. The best parts of it were the cinematography (especially the use of color), some of the landscape shots, and the fucking awesome Jóhann Jóhannsson soundtrack. These elements all succeeded in giving it a cosmic feel. Story-wise, there are more than a few things that don't make sense. I don't think that ruins it at all. I look forward to seeing what else Cosmatos does.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
tonight ...
wWnYgVl.jpg

Yes it's interesting and worth a watch. It works because Jackson doesn't aim too high. It basically follows the day-to-day lives of the soldiers on the front and tells the story in their own voices. It's completely divorced from the wider strategic issues, which I think is the way it should be, because of course the soldiers on the ground have no idea why they are being ordered to do what they're doing.

Reactions: rms
What we're left with at the end of Us is Peele the enigma: the guy who hit it right out the park his first time at bat, then took a comically bad swing the next time through the rotation.

oof. chaw shat on us lol.

It's not so bad being the next Shyamalan, he'll make a masterpiece in 20 years.

<dubious face>

Climax...why? :lol:

one of my criticker buddies’ review of that was just: Dude sure loves seeing pregnant women get kicked in the stomach, I'll give him that. to be fair, who doesn’t?

An opinion that needs to be treated with care if he loved Get Out so much.

it didn’t even make his top 15 of that year so he probably liked it less than most. more than i did though, which doesn’t really bode well for how i’ll feel about us.

oh, i might make that 2018 thread this weekend.

It's a very short teaser, even more vague than the typical trailer. It looks okay, I'm not a huge fan of Tarantino's modern stuff so I don't have big expectations but I'll see it just because it's Tarantino.