The Official Movie Thread

Climax to me is the best new movie since Elle. Shrieking fucking madness that hasn't been done in such a technically brilliant and colorful way since Zulawski's 80's films. Speaking of, Sofia Boutella's hat-tip to Adjani during her freak out was a tasteful tribute. That's how you pay homage will still doing your own thing. Same goes for the obviously Argento inspired lighting schemes. Love that green. Gaspar gets it.

WeirdHugeEquine-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: CiG
ha, cool, i didn't know that. one of my favourites and kaufman's best IMO

That was awesome. I'm seeing so many complaints of it being boring but I was engaged 100% of the time. Great ending too, it was totally unexpected to me.

i thought schreiber's character could've been more interesting, and occasionally it's trashy in a bad rather than good way i guess, but yeah it mostly rules.

i thought schreiber's character could've been more interesting, and occasionally it's trashy in a bad rather than good way i guess, but yeah it mostly rules.

I dunno I didn't really see anything I'd call trashy, except maybe the slice-of-life stuff they peppered in? Like intimidating 50 Cent's daughter's boyfriend and all the marriage stuff with Butler? All of that felt unnecessary and didn't really add to the story much.

I do agree about Schreiber's character though, specifically
why was he so determined to die rather than be caught and go back to prison? Didn't really explain that pretty central to the way the plot unfolds motivation.

Captain Marvel wasnt that bad of a film. Definitely not replacing my love for Alita, but it wasnt as preachy feminist as I thought it would.

I dunno I didn't really see anything I'd call trashy, except maybe the slice-of-life stuff they peppered in? Like intimidating 50 Cent's daughter's boyfriend and all the marriage stuff with Butler? All of that felt unnecessary and didn't really add to the story much.

I do agree about Schreiber's character though, specifically
why was he so determined to die rather than be caught and go back to prison? Didn't really explain that pretty central to the way the plot unfolds motivation.

lmao i was literally thinking of that exact scene with the daughter's boyfriend when i said that.

lmao i was literally thinking of that exact scene with the daughter's boyfriend when i said that.

That shit was like something out of a Ice Cube movie. :lol:

Captain Marvel wasnt that bad of a film. Definitely not replacing my love for Alita, but it wasnt as preachy feminist as I thought it would.

I didn't expect it to have much of that shit in the actual film, it was all the shit surrounding the making of and marketing of the film that turned me off, as well as a few other more niche views of my own related to the comic book characters, the plot etc.

Definitely need to see Alita though.