The Official Movie Thread

tonight....

9759f877c5630d451abaf49a8e93b8c1.jpg

Widows....not good

can't believe Spike thought Black Klansman was a good film let alone award winner..unbelievable. It was too police-soft when it came out and now that Green Book won, was the black film for the year :lol: these times

Just finished watching Kiling of a Sacred Deer with my girlfriend. I really like Lanthimos and one of the reason is the fire contemporary music he uses. Dat Ligeti and Gubaidulina, dawg. He's my man.

EDIT: The music in The Favorite was great too. He overused a Shosty's quartet in the Lobster iirc but who can complain about that.

I love Clive Barkers books, less so the movies that have been made of them but some haven't been too bad.

climax-quad-600x450.jpg

Mixed feelings about this one. The 'story' (for what little there is) follows a partying dance troupe whose sangria is spiked with LSD. Based on a true story apparently. As the dancers unravel and turn on each other, it provides a perfect vehicle for Gaspar Noe to show off with the camera in his usual way without it being too out of place. The extended choreographed dance scene about 15 minutes in is absolutely extraordinary and worth seeing the film just for that. But the acting is bad (the problem with hiring professional dancers) and the 'nightmarish' drug scenes are really quite poorly done.