The Official Movie Thread

Watching:

61515_1_large.jpg

ac28e2c265999c35947ad38f89c03947

Reactions: CiG
It was decent. The stuff from the title of the movie definitely happens, but its more of a character study of the guy Sam Elliott plays.

It was almost sad really. Sam Elliot was great in it yeah but I feel like the hunt at the end kind of ruined how real they tried to make the rest of the movie.

Discovered a goldmine today at my local normie music store, they have a DVD section with some newer movies for good prices. Had a gift voucher and almost bought Hereditary with it, but at the last minute spotted White Boy Rick and grabbed that instead, but at least now I know where I can go for cheap to see these newer movies.

Everything We Know about Wes Anderson's New Movie The French Dispatch So Far.

We at Paste first took notice of The French Dispatch in early December, not long after the project began production in France. IndieWire was the first Stateside publication to catch wind of the film, reporting on Dec. 2, 2018, that Anderson and company had surreptitiously started shooting the live-action film one week earlier in the city of Angoulême in Southwestern France, as spotted by various local French papers. One such paper, Charente Libre, had reported in September that Anderson’s film was a musical, a claim that IndieWire debunked, citing a source close to the production who described The French Dispatch as “a love letter to journalists set at an outpost of an American newspaper in 20th-century Paris [that] centers on three storylines,” implying Anderson’s characteristic blend of comedy and drama.

re-watched Hereditary, pacing seemed considerably better once you realize the trailer was deceptive on what the film was about :D but still has some massive flaws and I guess other than having a cool finale, not sure what else there is to say about it. I guess other(s) like the miniature aspect, but that seems relatively straightforward -- maybe i'm missing something.