The Official Movie Thread

Maybe....freaking maybe...but I still highly doubt it.

Rose Red is a masterpiece of horror, even for a T.V. special. I absolutely adored it, every minute, and it didn't give you a second's reprieve. The prequel, Diary of Ellen Rimbauer is pretty good, as well. I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't as much of a 'horror' movie as Rose Red.

It was a totally different idea than Pi. Pi was meant to an art film that pushed the limits with its visuals. RFaD was meant to be more based around the idea of the story and less the visuals. I was totally blow away by that movie. Both of them at that.

I'm not trying to compare them on any level. RfaD's story was my main problem with it, it seemed like it was holding back, it seemed cliche; Oh look, a bunch of druggies spiral into disaster, which wouldn't be too bad except the characters weren't developed in a way that made me care enough that it was happening.

That's true...I could see that, but I'm still a little skeptical. The third movie was kind of stupid... Ok, really fucking stupid, but that's beside the point. Christian Bale will probably manage a good Connor, but I don't think that they'll be able to pull Terminator out of the hole that it's in. Especially if they try to get Ahnold to play the Terminator(s)

Rose Red is possibly the scariest movie I've ever seen. For 4 hours I was gripping the seat and sweating, and I thought I'd been desensitised to horror. It's terribly acted, but the reason it's effective is that it doesn't let you go. Unlike most horror movies, which give you signals as to when you can relax, Rose Red was oppressive and unrelenting for its entire length.

Rose Red was ok but didn't scare me. If you want scary then go watch Stephen King's new one The Mist in theaters. Totally scary good movie and very underrated. The ending was unexpected.

As for another scary King movie. The original The Shining with Jack Nicholson.... the two twin girls at the end of the hall still scare me to this day...

Rose Red was ok but didn't scare me. If you want scary then go watch Stephen King's new one The Mist in theaters. Totally scary good movie and very underrated. The ending was unexpected.

As for another scary King movie. The original The Shining with Jack Nicholson.... the two twin girls at the end of the hall still scare me to this day...

I haven't seen the Mist yet, but I've heard that it's supposed to be wonderfully horrifying.

Now for the least metal thing I will say all day...anyone here see "Across the Universe?" I'm a huge Beatles fan and I heard good things about that movie.

The Mist wasn't really that scary tbh. But yeah that Shining movie is in my top 10 for scary movies.

I watched Rectuma recently. Hilariously retarded. A raging, radioactive mutant butt escapes from its owner and goes on a killing spree, sucking in people and then crapping them out. Man, the stuff that people come up with.:zombie:

I saw some movie recently and just about everyone in the movie smoked cigs inside and whereever they went. The movie was good, but I really liked that about the movie and it was really classy. I wanted to be in the movie.