The Official Movie Thread

Has anyone seen the movies Requiem For A Dream and Pi by director Darren Aronofsky? Those are some disturbing movies,which is good of course.

Speaking of hopelessness and despair, I saw The Mist last night. Normally I'm not big on horror, but this I liked. I'd say it was scary, not in the "something scary looking jumps out all of the sudden ahhh" sense of scary, but in the "holy shit that is a pretty horrific situation right there" sense of scary. It did a great job of creating that whole "end of the world" type feel that I really love, and that ending! Jesus H. Christ, man... that's some fucked up shit right there.

Yeah, I liked it too.

It seemed real long though

Has anyone seen the movies Requiem For A Dream and Pi by director Darren Aronofsky? Those are some disturbing movies,which is good of course.

Pi is one of my favourite movies. RfaD - average, Aranofsky could have done it so much better, but he was definitely influenced by the need to appeal to a wider demographic. I don't blame him, he knew how he could make money out of this film and if that meant sacrificing some artistic licence, fine, go for the money, I know I would.

Yeah, RFaD is one of my personal favorites. I was really let down though with The Fountain.

Anyone seen Rescue Dawn? If so, what did you think? That's going to be my next rental.

What did you think about Pi then? I felt almost nauscious after i saw it the first time,but in a good way. I like the black and white picture.

Pi is one of my favourite movies. RfaD - average, Aranofsky could have done it so much better, but he was definitely influenced by the need to appeal to a wider demographic. I don't blame him, he knew how he could make money out of this film and if that meant sacrificing some artistic licence, fine, go for the money, I know I would.

I actually liked it as much as Pi. The story about the game-show hag is great.

Wow. Movies...the great distraction that keeps me glued to the television when I don't have cable...

I like a bunch of Horror movies, especially classics like "Dawn of the Dead," and "The Exorcist," but at the same time, I like a lot of newer horror movies as well ('cept most of that PG-13 bullshit. Even Bruce Campbell said that you can't make a PG-13 horror movie.). The Saw series is pretty good, and I liked 30 Days of Night and the Resident Evil series as well. I was a little dissapointed in the ending of the Silent Hill movie, but that came more from being a fan of the game more than the actual movie itself.

I also like a lot of action movies, but as there are too many to list, I won't even bother.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl = Classic.

They are making another Terminator movie; it has a shitty name and Christian Bale is going to be in it.

Oh, god...not another one...I think I'll die out the pure epic of that fail.......

As for POTC, I really enjoyed the second and third, but the first will always be the best. Always. I want the third one for christmas, though. I really really do.