The Official Movie Thread

StephenKing-PetSematary.jpg

i LOVE pet sematary! my favorite horror flick. little gage is sooo adorable, in a evil zombie sort of way.

and yeah, its supposed to be spelled wrong. because a kid wrote the sign at the entrance of said "sematary"

edit: did you hear george clooney wants to remake it? i hope he doesnt fuck it up

another edit: rose red is another stephen king favorite of mine.
~gR~

i LOVE pet sematary! my favorite horror flick. little gage is sooo adorable, in a evil zombie sort of way.

and yeah, its supposed to be spelled wrong. because a kid wrote the sign at the entrance of said "sematary"

edit: did you hear george clooney wants to remake it? i hope he doesnt fuck it up

another edit: rose red is another stephen king favorite of mine.
~gR~

The Dead Zone will be made into movie in a few years, and I'm hoping someone does The Dark Tower series.

My favorite Stephen King movie/story is The Langoliers. I've always found mystery and emptiness to be more entertaining and frightening than zombies or what have you.

:lol: the langoliers is such a terrible movie. it's ridiculous. It gets the award for Best Use of CGI ever when the actual langoliers show up :lol:

Yo, FatesWarning if you like that Antonioni flick with Jack Nicholson you should definitely check out his earlier stuff like Blow-Up and The Red Desert among others if you haven't already.

Just saw Ivan the Terrible part 2, great film and I can see why it served as the basis for the first two parts of The Godfather.

I only wish Eisenstein was easier to understand in his theoretical writings as it makes it extremely tough pull an essay out of one's ass if you are not a 100% sure what was originally meant by the author. :erk:

25th Hour Lee, 2002
I just read a bunch of reviews on this, and every single one of them seemed to miss the boat entirely. How anyone can call this a powerful drama (or even an attempted powerful drama) at face value is beyond me, what with the unbelievable score and the wealth of cliches, allusions and quirks throughout. It's more like a ridiculous and very aware parody; a realisation of the ways in which we play with our lives as if it were all a big game, a dress rehearsal. The ending plays out like the most obvious of tricks, as if daring us death-fearing souls to keep holding on to this absurd belief in second chances, even at the very end.
8.5/10

I like the part in Pet Semetary when that dead guy puts the kids face into his motorcycle wheel/or chain(can't remember) and tears his face right off.

I watched Koyaanisqatsi earlier. Some scenes were stunning and the sound track was almost always brilliant. Unfortunately, there were some sections of the film that didn't click with me at all, but in that lies the most important part of this movie - it is completely subjective. Everyone will experience it differently, for me it was engaging, mesmerizing, thought provoking and obviously fantastic on a superficial visual level, for others it might be something completely different and yet equally as memorable. At any rate it was no mean feat to assemble a film that can offer so much to so many different people in such a powerful way.