The Official Movie Thread

So, after dissing Requiem for a Dream totally I bought Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo (We Children from Bahnhof Zoo) instead. It was alot better, felt more believable and you felt alot more for the characters imo, maybe it has to do with it being based on a true story I'm not sure. Also no mother sidequest that had nothing to do with the story whatsoever to always ruin the mood. :p

have you all already noticed about Elite Squad?

It's not only about the fun you are going to have watching this peace of work but the truth you are going to see on it., 27 August 2007
10/10
Author: mwellisch from Brazil

Elite Squad is a most see movie. Despite all of the frenesi it's causing all around, it has a good storyline, excellent screenplay and a brilliant performance from all the cast in the movie, especially Wagner Moura who deserves all prizes he can get for this great performance.

Basically the movie explores the fight between drug dealers and corrupt cops against the good policemen's, some of them from the military police force and most of them from BOPE. That's the way the director Padilha's sees this fight which is not entirely true. Although it shows how the corruption of the Military Police Force works out in Brazil, how the system is used against itself and how the bureaucracy makes everything so difficult that it's almost impossible for honest people to deal with their own personal issues without dealing with corruption. And by the way, that's entirely true.

The baseline of the movie is the story of Nascimento's, who is the captain of BOPE (Special Forces Operations Battalion) which can be compared to SWAT. Nascimento needs a replacement and he needs to find the right person, someone who has all of the qualities the job demands. Two guys come up to be this person but none of them have all it takes. Neto has the attitude, the heart, but he's not smart and centered as he's best buddy Matias. The only thing they have in common which is mandatory for the job is the honesty and the will of changing things for the better.

The movie has all the elements that makes us go to a movie theater. It has a storyline, it has action thriller, and it has a great performance from the cast, all of them.

If you are planning to spend your money in another blockbuster, don't do it! Give a chance to this great movie that explores the WAR that we, from Rio de Janeiro, have to deal with everyday. It's not only about the fun you are going to have watching this peace of work but the truth you are going to see on it

wagner.JPG

bope-rjcolete.jpg

di_fc3ic5fl991r9px8u7xzi984hfu9qurz2dr-IDENTIFICADOR-1910200715572.jpg

capitao_nascimento.jpg

Yeah Requiem for a Dream it totally gay, that's why you should watch We Children from Bahnhof Zoo instead which is the none gay predecessor of it (though it includes alot of gay prostitution :p ).

I just figured I should say it because it hasn't been said in a while and I remembered because I just watched it the other other day, but Children Of Men was absolutely fucking awesome and if you didn't love it then fuck you.

I just saw this. I watched half one night and half another. I sometimes fall asleep a lot during movies at night. I didn't used to. Guess I am old. Anyway, I can't say if I liked it or not. It certainly did create a depressing landscape of hopelesness and despair.

Speaking of hopelessness and despair, I saw The Mist last night. Normally I'm not big on horror, but this I liked. I'd say it was scary, not in the "something scary looking jumps out all of the sudden ahhh" sense of scary, but in the "holy shit that is a pretty horrific situation right there" sense of scary. It did a great job of creating that whole "end of the world" type feel that I really love, and that ending! Jesus H. Christ, man... that's some fucked up shit right there.

Speaking of hopelessness and despair, I saw The Mist last night. Normally I'm not big on horror, but this I liked. I'd say it was scary, not in the "something scary looking jumps out all of the sudden ahhh" sense of scary, but in the "holy shit that is a pretty horrific situation right there" sense of scary. It did a great job of creating that whole "end of the world" type feel that I really love, and that ending! Jesus H. Christ, man... that's some fucked up shit right there.

When I saw the previews for that movie all I could think of was the remake of The Fog, which wasn't very good. I guess I shouldn't just a film by its previews.