The Official Movie Thread

Seems to be true most of the time, anyways I think I'll just cede to the crowd on these more modern years. I'll amend my lists for both 2015 and 2018 today at some point and going forward any controversies can be argued about on a case-by-case basis.

Throwing this one on before work:

xc.jpg

Reactions: Einherjar86
Small update - I loved the Tarantino, it was really chill, feel-good, enjoyable, entertaining movie. Good acting, funny alternative history take on the ending, no complaints here.

I also started watching John Wick III yesterday, I'm near like two thirds, gonna finish today. I liked the animal incorporation into the battle scenes. Using horses as a kicking tool is cool and the dog choreography was entertaining.

I still don't like horses nor dogs, don't worry.

@CiG
you don't need to see unbreakable before you watch split
if you've seen neither unbreakable or split, i'd actually honestly recommend seeing split first
the movie split doesn't become a "sequel" to unbreakable until the last 2 min
it really totally comes out of nowhere, where what's going on really actually kinda makes way more sense if you watch split first and then watch unbreakable
split totally works as a movie by itself, and then the ending part that ties it to unbreakable really just looks like a post-credits-scene advertising an already-existing movie instead of an upcoming movie

but then glass is kinda weird
in the very beginning glass establishes that it both a sequel to unbreakable and a sequel to split
the first half of the movie moves back-and-forth really rapidly (annoyingly rapidly actually)
this moment is a sequel of unbreakable---the next moment is a sequel of split
this would possibly get confusing-as-hell if you hadn't seen either unbreakable or split
but it's prolly okay if you've seen just unbreakable or you've seen just split

@CiG

split isn't really a sequel to unbreakable
when split came out a lot of people bitched about the weird way it was "tied to" unbreakable
being in the same movie universe, apparently, but really not a sequel per se

the whole plot of glass is basically the main hero from unbreakable fighting the villain guy from split
so you'd need to see at least one of those first 2 movies to figure out what's going on in glass
but not necessarily both movies

alot of people in america have seen only split and glass and have never seen unbreakable

but sam jackson's got a lot of screen-time in glass, playing the same character he played in unbreakable
if you've seen unbreakable but not split, glass works as a sequel to unbreakable

@CiG

split isn't really a sequel to unbreakable
when split came out a lot of people bitched about the weird way it was "tied to" unbreakable
being in the same movie universe, apparently, but really not a sequel per se

the whole plot of glass is basically the main hero from unbreakable fighting the villain guy from split
so you'd need to see at least one of those first 2 movies to figure out what's going on in glass
but not necessarily both movies

alot of people in america have seen only split and glass and have never seen unbreakable

but sam jackson's got a lot of screen-time in glass, playing the same character he played in unbreakable
if you've seen unbreakable but not split, glass works as a sequel to unbreakable

Thanks for this useless repetitive information I didn't need.