The Official Movie Thread

Indeed. There a few parts in the book, such as the extended backstory of Johnny Fontaine", that I feel could have featured in the film.

On the same matter, have you ever read any of the Bourne novels by Robert Ludlum?

Reactions: CiG
It's fun stuff to read if you're into the whole "spy" genre. Just thought I'd bring it up as its another film that differs wildly from the novel.

Huh, that's interesting. Only the first two were written by Puzo though.

I actually do have a real soft spot for spy stuff, Day of the Jackal and Scorpio are two of my favourite films (the former also being a good book) but there's just so much of it that it can be a bit overwhelming. I know there's a 1988 TV movie based on the Bourne book also, which is supposed to be more accurate to the book, that's just what I've been told though.

Reactions: jimmy101
I actually do have a real soft spot for spy stuff, Day of the Jackal and Scorpio are two of my favourite films (the former also being a good book) but there's just so much of it that it can be a bit overwhelming. I know there's a 1988 TV movie based on the Bourne book also, which is supposed to be more accurate to the book, that's just what I've been told though.
Nice, I'll keep an eye out for Day of the Jackal if you recommend it.

And I'll have to check out that TV-movie considering it's much more closely based on the book(s).

I recommend Puzo's The Sicilian too. It's set during the period when Michael Corleone is exiled in Sicily but Michael is only a peripheral character, and it's less of a mafia story, more about the working class bandits in Sicily.
Sounds good. I've heard that Michael features in that one. Sounds like it delves into the Italian political landscape of the time too.

if you were entertained by the sequel you should prolly see the first one

Eh, probably won't. I have a limited amount of time these days to watch movies and I'm always keeping a list of stuff that I REALLY want to see. But it gets longer not shorter.

A friend of mine has seen over 150 movies for the first time this year, between new in theater films and old stuff he's never seen before. He co-hosts a movies podcast so he kind of has to see the older stuff. But I'm amazed he has that kind of time.

Eh, probably won't. I have a limited amount of time these days to watch movies and I'm always keeping a list of stuff that I REALLY want to see. But it gets longer not shorter.

A friend of mine has seen over 150 movies for the first time this year, between new in theater films and old stuff he's never seen before. He co-hosts a movies podcast so he kind of has to see the older stuff. But I'm amazed he has that kind of time.

there are people who have Monday-Friday jobs and see a movie in the theater every single Saturday of the year

objectively looking at his face-shapes
Robert Pattinson's face is actually perfect for playing a male superhero

but, uuhhmm
is anyone else disturbed by the fact that the guy who played Edward Cullen is also going to be playing Bruce Wayne??

Watching

16394_1_large.jpg

:err: