The Official Movie Thread

Gearing up for a bit of the old ultra violence

465_1_large.jpg

Reactions: Einherjar86 and CiG
Just like my wife's cooking, you start out with hope, the presentation substantiates that hope, throughout the offering you start thinking positive that you hopes will be at least sustained, then it gets to the end and realise you'd have been off letting someone else cook.

Never mind, maybe if they make a Lego version you will enjoy it more.

I liked it, although the script seemed like something Fincher found on a MRA board lmfao. He did a great job of depicting how a lynching via media works.

The movie was fine until the last 20-30 minutes and that short time made the entire movie suck.

Battle of Algiers was pretty good. Would have had more of an impact on me, I think, if I saw it at a younger age. Had to be fantastically trend setting in The 60s though, and wonder if there's been literature on its impact on our Vietnam cinema.

Watched hell or high water next, good time killer but idk, thought I read a bunch about it being amazing. The honorable dirt bag theme is apparently alive and well haha

Battle of Algiers was pretty good. Would have had more of an impact on me, I think, if I saw it at a younger age. Had to be fantastically trend setting in The 60s though, and wonder if there's been literature on its impact on our Vietnam cinema.

Watched hell or high water next, good time killer but idk, thought I read a bunch about it being amazing. The honorable dirt bag theme is apparently alive and well haha

Yeah I found Hell or High Water fairly rote too when I saw it at the cinema

If you liked Battle of Algiers and want more 'underground resistance' type movies (which I love, they're always incredibly tense) I highly recommend Army of Shadows (dir JP Melville) and Rome, Open City (dir Roberto Rosselini) as well.

Reactions: rms
No love for Fight Club then?

That's definitely up there too. Alien³ would be my favourite Fincher if the animated xenomorph didn't look so dodgy, I know it's petty but every time it yanks me out of the movie experience.

Mine goes something like:

1. Zodiac
2. Alien³
3. Fight Club
4. Se7en
5. Gone Girl
6. Panic Room
7. The Game

Need to rewatch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and the rest I haven't seen yet.

Reactions: Einherjar86