The Official Movie Thread

tenor.gif

Had a movie marathon with some friends last night that I hadn't seen since like January, these were the ones we watched that were new to me:

ICAN_dog_poster_web.jpg

It Comes at Night - Fucking awesome post-apocalyptic movie with some big cosmic horror vibes. It's so creative while being on such a micro-budget, and the location shines. Might be one of the most bleak "horror" films I've ever seen, totally fucked up. @Einherjar86 I think you'd really appreciate this one.

jkhgf.jpg

The Debt Collector - Another bang up job by Jesse V. Johnson the director behind Savage Dog, Triple Threat and Avengement. He's becoming easily one of the more reliable action movie directors, and Scott Adkins rules as usual. So much good banter between the leads too. FFO classic buddy action movies.

When the director and lead actor are both career stuntmen, you know you're gonna see some entertaining shit.

mqqg311.gif

Small-Crimes-2017.png

Small Crimes - Starting to quite like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as an actor. Another crime one and quite enjoyable. Won't blow any minds but I enjoy a good messy plot like this. Just a clusterfuck of collateral damage and bad luck, written in part by Macon Blair which is cool, and he has a role in the film that gets good in the final act.

Had a movie marathon with some friends last night that I hadn't seen since like January, these were the ones we watched that were new to me:

View attachment 25345

It Comes at Night - Fucking awesome post-apocalyptic movie with some big cosmic horror vibes. It's so creative while being on such a micro-budget, and the location shines. Might be one of the most bleak "horror" films I've ever seen, totally fucked up. @Einherjar86 I think you'd really appreciate this one.

Yeah dude, watched it back shortly after it was available streaming. Bleak is the word; it basically distills the absolute end of everything down to the individual level. Gut wrenching. And yet also beautifully done, in its way.

Reactions: CiG
So Alien 3...

Yes closer to Alien than Alien 2, but pretty bad overall. The alien effects were lame, it didn't add anything to the lore of the series, the deaths/scares ineffective and mostly offscreen, the prisoners were all dull and indistinguishable except Charles Dance who gets killed off prematurely (I was hoping for more revelations as to his reasons for imprisonment), Ripley plateaus as a character, the whole evil Corporation subplot is recycled and boring (lol when they appear looking like extras from a Frankie Goes to Hollywood videoclip), even the prison setting could have been done much better.

So Alien 3...

Yes closer to Alien than Alien 2, but pretty bad overall. The alien effects were lame, it didn't add anything to the lore of the series, the deaths/scares ineffective and mostly offscreen, the prisoners were all dull and indistinguishable except Charles Dance who gets killed off prematurely (I was hoping for more revelations as to his reasons for imprisonment), Ripley plateaus as a character, the whole evil Corporation subplot is recycled and boring (lol when they appear looking like extras from a Frankie Goes to Hollywood videoclip), even the prison setting could have been done much better.

Yeah, her dna or something right? Haha trash.

Checked our Threads and Fear City , both on prime , Threads was cool. Fucking visceral and intense , but think it lost its way for a bit there

Fear city was fucking garbage :lol: berenger playing an Italian should have clued me into that. Jesus Christ was that a waste of time :lol:

#IsDarkOutYet