The Official Movie Thread

tumblr_n3ycfcQwqs1qe0fxmo2_500.gif

Reactions: CiG
MV5BODNlNmU4MGItMzQwZi00NGQyLWEyZWItYjFkNmI0NWI4NjBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_.jpg

Just screened this with the student film club I'm part of. Didn't expect much (wasn't my nom), actually loved it. This is so fucking well developed, apparently the screenplay was in the works for 13 years and it honestly shows, in a good way. It has that feel almost like classic Simpsons where they've obviously labored hard to find an unexpected comic twist on just about everything but most of it still feels entirely organic. On the performance side of things, I have never seen Crowe or Gosling be this good in anything.

The Nice Guys is cool but this is a bit much. Have you seen many films starring either actor?

Seen a decent number of Crowe films but not that many Gosling films. Never been a huge fan of either. But they both do a fantastic job inhabiting their characters in this film, to the point that picturing basically anyone else in those roles seems like a downgrade.

Which movies have they been better in?

Seen a decent number of Crowe films but not that many Gosling films. Never been a huge fan of either. But they both do a fantastic job inhabiting their characters in this film, to the point that picturing basically anyone else in those roles seems like a downgrade.

Which movies have they been better in?

For Crowe it's an easy "fuck no I disagree" from me; Gladiator, Romper Stomper, L.A. Confidential, Master and Commander...

Gosling is more arguable I suppose; Blade Runner, Only God Forgives, The Place Beyond the Pines...

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity