The Official Movie Thread

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzJiMDc3ZTU1LTliZmEtNDU3Mi1iMmM3LTBjNjM1ZTdlZDdlMC53ZWJw

This wasn't bad, particularly for a debut director. Aside from the Heathers comparison, I've also seen it compared to Spring Breakers, Ghost World and anything Lanthimos. I didn't think it came together particularly well but some folks here might enjoy this.

Seeing some pretty glowing reviews for the Snyder Cut from critics who didn't even like the previous Snyder films. Hyped to check it out next week, after exams.

Reactions: CiG
i’ve seen that one compared to heavenly creatures more than anything else, which is intriguing to me especially if there’s some lanthimos in there too.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzJiMDc3ZTU1LTliZmEtNDU3Mi1iMmM3LTBjNjM1ZTdlZDdlMC53ZWJw

This wasn't bad, particularly for a debut director. Aside from the Heathers comparison, I've also seen it compared to Spring Breakers, Ghost World and anything Lanthimos. I didn't think it came together particularly well but some folks here might enjoy this.
I wanna watch this movie

Climax has a shitload of rewatch value. I've put it on solely to watch the dance routines a couple of times. Acting like it's a movie you have to "sit through" for little to no payoff is retarded as fuck (then again I expected about as much).
man known to watch several bad movies per week doesn't mind watching a dance sequence inside of a bad movie. You got dancing with the stars and the new suspiria on next?? Haha holeeeeey shit
a lot has been written in my letterboxd network about what a masterpiece that movie is. i kind of assumed i’d be in the mainstream camp given i didn’t like man of steel and don’t care for snyder in general, never got around to it though.

"The most political thing since revenge of the sith" wowza lol

Man I'm struggling to think of a connection from ghost world to lanthimos. Let alone spring breakers.

Last edited:
Yikes.

‘Color Out of Space’ Production Company Ends Relationship With Director After Abuse Accusations.
SpectreVision, the production company behind the 2019 Lovecraft adaptation “Color Out of Space,” said Wednesday night that it has cut ties with Richard Stanley, the film’s director, after Stanley was accused of abuse by his former partner.

“SpectreVision will no longer work with Richard Stanley,” the company said in a statement posted on Twitter. “We are proud of the talented cast and crew behind COLOR OUT OF SPACE. Yet we are horrified about the charges against its director. We will be donating future revenue from the film to charities devoted to stopping domestic violence.”

What's the verdict here on Justin Benson and Aaron Moorehead? I'm a fan of Resolution and The Endless (still haven't seen Spring). Just watched Synchronic today, was let down by that one. It wasn't terrible, but far from the unsettling weirdness of their previous works.

Curious if others like these guys' work.

i couldn't remember why those names were familiar, turns out they made spring which i saw back in 2014. wrote this at the time:
weird thing about this is that although the intrusion of genre isn't inherently that bothersome, it causes the movie to start shitting the bed all over. the script, which i thought was terrific for a while, seems to peak early before sliding all the way down to an eyerollingly awful final speech about how Life is something you must Live or whatever, i forgot already. thank god the performances shone through (shoutout for the hilarious francesco carnelutti, who died a couple months ago).

mixed feelings so far, i guess. criticker thinks the only one i'd feel positive about is resolution.

I had a similar feeling about Synchronic, which started strong but went downhill after about 30 minutes.

I found Resolution and The Endless to be much stronger films, and worth a view. They're both part of the same universe, and pack a nice weird horror-ish punch (although The Endless might get a bit meta for some people; I thought they handled that element well though).