The Official Movie Thread

Seeing it on Thursday :). Will review after.

In a way this is true, but it they really can't be called the same. The Matrix although not "real" as in physical, may as well be real because it is indistinguishable from reality for a normal person. Religion is just imaginary and no one really is in heaven or talks to God, whereas the Matrix is an artificial reality where people are actually affected by the false reality. I'm not sure if I'm being very clear on this, but I hope I've conveyed the difference.

I understand what you're saying.

Bit disappointed by There Will Be Blood. Great acting and cinematography, but the length was excessive and the story dragged, not to mention to apocalyptically misplaced score.

I know I'm in the minority on this; perhaps I will have to see it again without a bunch of bored girls : P

I wasted Eastern Promises(naomi watts,viggo mortensen) last night and it was really great. I'm going to watch it again probably because I was kinda tired when watching it.

I wasted Eastern Promises(naomi watts,viggo mortensen) last night and it was really great. I'm going to watch it again probably because I was kinda tired when watching it.

yeah that was a pretty great film. I'm kind of glad David Cronenberg is making more accessible films (some of us don't really consider Naked Lunch, The Fly or Scanners to be that accessible...still great films though)

Someone gave me two free tickets to Untraceable so me and a friend went to see it. It was a half baked thriller with some cool computers and some nasty torture scenes. Don't pay to see this. It's the kind of movie you watch on an airplane or at 2pm when you are home sick.

For my required Honors course "A Cultural Odyssey", we are all seeing the film The Lives of Others tonight. I don't know much about it other than it's in German (with subtitles) and is 2 1/2 hours long. It's supposed to be really good/unique. Anyone seen it?

yumauy4.jpg
[/IMG]