The Official Movie Thread

It was a headache, thats all. good story though

Word, I do remember feeling harangued by it sometimes, BUT my main tactic to avoid this was to try not to follow all of the shaking. Your brain gets tired if you try to keep up with the movement. Sometimes I would just try to focus on one section of the screen while crazy shit was going down to minimize the obvious damage to my brain :p

Just saw Persona a few days ago. Excellent film. Seemed rather atypical for Bergman (or at least, my experience with Bergman i.e. Wild Strawberries and Fanny and Alexander) but it was similar in that it was great as well. I have to do a presentation for school on Auteur theory and was wondering which movie would be a good comparison to Persona that Bergman has made? Obviously, I am trying to back up the ideas behind auteur theory by showing some cross-referenced themes, aesthetic approaches and just general similarities across two Bergman films. So any suggestions would be helpful.

hmmmm. Hour Of The Wolf perhaps? With Persona you have a woman visualizing her...persona and with Hour Of The Wolf you have a man being tormented by ghosts and other apparitions?

I don't know. Persona is kind of a singular film. If you had a chance to compare with a non-Bergman film it'd be easy (Fight Club jumps to mind right away)

It reminded me a little of Mad Max/The Warriors at that point - too bad I'm not into the whole "oh crap a disease that zombifies you with a cliche female lead badass" type of shit.

Looked pretty intriguing until those goofy tribal people showed up.

Yeah. Up until 2/3 of that trailer I was really interested and hoping for something more sinister than a bunch of people with bad haircuts and generic lighthearted chase/action scenes. Oh well. It seems to be some kind of unwritten rule that pandemic/apocalyptic type movies need to be screwed up royally halfway through the movie with shitty plot twists (28 Days Later suffered from the same thing).

I watched Halloween(directors cut) and thought it was creepy bizarre and just really fucked up. I never watch a horror movie and get creeped out. I actually felt fear while watching a horror movie. If Michael Myers just showed up i'd piss my pants and run for about 35 minutes without stopping, he's ten times more bizarre and odd than jason voorhees and leatherface.

Just finished watching it. It ruled, though some parts had me questioning the actions of some people. The ending was sad.