The Official Movie Thread

I just saw Cloverfield. I'm not sure what to think of it. The style was certainly unique, especially applying digital effects to what was shot through a handheld camera. The party scene during the first half hour was a bit long but it let you get used to the dizzying camera movements before the violence started.

I think it was well made, but the whole concept was rather lame. I mean come on, how cliched can you get with the "Giant Monster Attacks New York" scenario? The movie could have been a lot better with a more unique plot concept.

Yeah i watched it on my date last night haha,
I liked it all up until the monster came.They could have done something alot more interesting with the movie.

I went and saw There Will Be Blood tonight. fucking excellent film. Daniel Day Lewis is so goddamn awesome. not a single second in the film is wasted. and the ending is totally awesome. loved it.

Looking forward to seeing this. Watched The Constant Gardner last night, was quite good. Going to watch Escape From New York tonight, never seen it before. Kurt Russell is actually pretty cool.

I saw "No Country for Old Men" a while ago.

I didn't have a clue what it was about until I saw it (hadn't read any reviews, saw any previews) movies are always best when you have no expectations.

"Where'd you get that?" "From the gettin' place."

Awesome movie.

I saw "No Country for Old Men" a while ago.

I didn't have a clue what it was about until I saw it (hadn't read any reviews, saw any previews) movies are always best when you have no expectations.

"Where'd you get that?" "From the gettin' place."

Awesome movie.

best movie I saw in 2007

I hadn't heard of that movie at all until looking it up on IMDB just now and noticed it is by the same guy who did Magnolia. That is certainly promising. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Shoot 'em Up is badass and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

watch Grindhouse- death proof also if you have not yet.

I thought Death Proof was pretty disappointing (and I'm saying that as a Tarantino fan). It was just a poorly paced movie and the characters and dialog were mostly pretty bland. The final chase was cool I guess but not enough to make up for all the dead space in the rest of the movie.

Planet Terror was way more fun.

I just saw Cloverfield. I'm not sure what to think of it. The style was certainly unique, especially applying digital effects to what was shot through a handheld camera. The party scene during the first half hour was a bit long but it let you get used to the dizzying camera movements before the violence started.

I think it was well made, but the whole concept was rather lame. I mean come on, how cliched can you get with the "Giant Monster Attacks New York" scenario? The movie could have been a lot better with a more unique plot concept.

The party scene was the perfect length in my opinion. Longer than what you'd see in a normal movie, but it made more sense for the style, and helped lower the viewers guard by giving you no idea when the monster would show up. Monster attacks are cliche'd yes, but most movies have plots that are cliche'd or at least something similar has been done before.

Cloverfield was good except for the camera style. but its cool how all the little stuff from the movie are making the rounds on the internet.

The camera style was the main point of seeing the movie, otherwise I'd take and oldschool godzilla film anyday.

Shoot 'em Up is badass and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

watch Grindhouse- death proof also if you have not yet.

Shoot 'em Up was okay, but there are much better films if you're looking for mindless entertaining violence. I might be biased though since I had the 2 coolest parts spoiled for me.

Yeah the whole point was the fucking camera style, and I for one thought that particular way of shooting was intense and visceral, like you're actually there.