The Official Movie Thread

my buddy was watching Shoot Em Up on the plane. I glanced over at it a couple of times to witness some of the most ridiculous things ever put to film. although I did glance over in time for the sex scene. fun fun

anyway

so to satisfy Alter, I finally saw Inland Empire. I enjoyed it. I don't think it was nearly as lifealtering to me as it was to Alter, but it was still a good film and very much in line with Lynch's other works. It's a gorgeous film just to "watch" because the visuals are really interesting. the plotline and whatever was confusing at first, but it all started to make sense after a while.

anyway. good film. david lynch is still an awesome filmmaker who makes the most roundabout-but-beautiful decisions in telling a story

Huge Movie Dump:

8 1/2
13 Tzameti
The Adventures of Mark Twain
Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Amelie
Apocalypse Now
Aristocrats
Barry Lyndon
Blame it on Fidel
City of Lost Children
Clerks 1 & 2
Clockwork Orange
Dead Alive
Desperado
Donnie Darko
Drunken Master
Dynamite Warrior
El Mariachi
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Fargo
Fight Club
The Fisher King
Fracture
From Dusk Til Dawn
From Hell
Gojira
Grindhouse
The Host
Join Security Area
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Kung Fu Hustle
The Libertine
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Night Watch and Day Watch
Ninja Wars
Oldboy*
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Ong-Bak: Thai Warrior
Pan's Labyrinth
Princess Bride
Pulp Fiction
Rashoman
Resevoir Dogs
Riki-Oh: The Story of Riki
Seven Samurai
Silence of the Lambs
Sin City
Sleepy Hollow
Street Fighter
Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance
Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
Tampopo
This is England
Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
To Be or Not To Be (1942)

City of Lost Children was a pretty neat film

we watched part of Tampopo in one of my classes. It looked pretty cool. We stopped right after a sex scene involving food (a live prawn in a bowl of cognac?)

on a side note, Inland Empire did have one of the most terrifying moments I had seen in a movie in a long long time

You saw it?! What was your favorite part?

A friend of mine just saw Cloverfield and claimed it sucked. I was planning on seeing it tomorrow. Should I bother?

Cloverfield was fucking amazing. This is coming from a underground film elitist. Ok? Plus it had a Spoon song.