The Official Movie Thread

Np

VStSW9T.jpg

kHPLTYl.gif

I always thought the usual name for that movie was Blood for Dracula? Good movie either way.

I've been thinking about this and you're right. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of medieval horror. But it's out there, you just have to do some digging. A lot of the movies I'm thinking of are only partially set in medieval times or not even straight horror flicks but they capture a lot of the same stylings or atmosphere.

So first one that pops in my head is the The Church (1989) aka La Chiesa.

Only the beginning of the film, like maybe the first 10 minutes is set in medieval times, but it sets the tone and leaves an impression.

omOUrp7.jpg

In medieval Germany, a band of Teutonic Knights massacre a village of supposed devil-worshippers and bury their bodies underground, building a gothic cathedral over the mass grave as a means to contain the demonic evil within.

Hundreds of years later a young librarian unleashes the evil within, by removing a rock in the catacombs . Series of events occur meanwhile, everybody just does not seem to be the same. Father Gus is the only one not possessed, he must save the city from becoming a pandemonium, he must find the ancient secret of the church so it can crumble to pieces......

This was directed by Michael Sovai and it's an Italian made film. So that just means it's batshit crazy. Most of its almost nonsensical, but it's more of a psychological horror film made up of heavy atmosphere and location, and nightmare imagery.

Feels medieval throughout because of the gothic church setting. So that's why I'd recommend it. Have a bunch more but already typed more than I wanted to, plus I'm on a touch screen:err:

MFy1Fsh.jpg

l5FubsS.gif

Sweet, don't know this one. Thanks! Feel free to share more if you want to/when you have time.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Finally watched William Lustig's "Vigilante". I really like it. Fred Williamson was on top form and it was great to see the late actors Richard Bright and Joe Spinell in memorable roles. The violence was nasty and realistic While not quite as memorable as "Maniac", "Vigilante" still leaves a sour taste in the mouth with it's bleak view of life and the American justice system.
MV5BZTQ5N2FiNzYtZTQxYi00YmNjLTkyMDQtZGVjMTA2YmQ1YmE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU5MjcxOTg@._V1_ (1).jpg

Finally watched William Lustig's "Vigilante". I really like it. Fred Williamson was on top form and it was great to see the late actors Richard Bright and Joe Spinell in memorable roles. The violence was nasty and realistic While not quite as memorable as "Maniac", "Vigilante" still leaves a sour taste in the mouth with it's bleak view of life and the American justice system.
View attachment 29381

Vigilante is great. For another gritty film and performance from Robert Forster check out Walking the Edge. Joe Spinell is in it also.

TMSPhn6.jpg

EDIT: also Jay Chattaway did the score/soundtrack for both Vigilante and Walking the Edge

Last edited:
Reactions: AbelTim and CiG
Vigilante is great. For another gritty film and performance from Robert Forster check out Walking the Edge. Joe Spinell is in it also.

TMSPhn6.jpg

EDIT: also Jay Chattaway did the score/soundtrack for both Vigilante and Walking the Edge

I'm on this like a fly to shit lol. Will get this along with the Vinegar Syndrome release of Joe Spinell's posthumously released film The Undertaker.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher

This looks/sounds awesome.

Synopsis; set in a dystopian version of North America in the year 2044, the film centres on Niska (Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers from The Body Remembers When the World Broke Open), a Cree woman who joins a resistance movement to the military government in order to save her daughter.

Wiki; Goulet (director) has described the film as inspired in part by Alfonso Cuarón's 2006 film Children of Men, as well as by the military response to the Dakota Access Pipeline protests on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in 2016.

Watched Suicide Squad the other night. Wasn't that impressed, it had a few funny moments and a few good lines of dialogue scattered throughout but overall it's not a very memorable movie.

Reactions: CiG
This sequel really fell flat on plot and script. The writers should have done a continuation of the survivor from the previous film imo with the blind man. The kills were entertaining, but that was about it. Brendan Sexton III was in it. I remember him as a young man in Boys Don't Cry.
dont-breathe-2.jpg

Picked up a film related book called After the World Ends: When Post-Apocalyptic Movies Were Telling The Future! Put out by Pulse Video

Just started tearing into this thing and it's pretty comprehensive. Covers everything from the most known films to absolute bottom of the barrel shit. Tons of pictures and poster art. 250+ pages.

oiu67Ah.jpg

uQgUyeT.jpg

Z4I5EoM.jpg

3SjeH5u.jpg

oowBXq2.jpg

xQHraqC.jpg

572aFSo.jpg

OtLR0CC.jpg

g1ytoH4.jpg

Last edited: