The Official Movie Thread

I keep hearing good things about that from all the horrorhounds I know, but James Wan is my least favourite director maybe ever. Now that a weirdo like you has praised it though I feel like I definitely gotta see this shit.

lol i’ve only seen aquaman and yeah that probably is objectively one of the worst directed big budget movies i’ve ever seen.

malignant keeps being compared to basket case fwiw.

Reactions: CiG
MV5BODIzNjdhZDUtNzE2YS00OWIyLWJmZGEtMzBmNTc3ZGNkNmEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQwMTY2Nzk@._V1_.jpg

Watched this last night. Riffs on the themes that seem to be in every horror movie lately; family trauma and mental illness. Then morphs into something else entirely - nightmarish cosmic horror. Entertaining watch, although dare I say it, ultimately shallow as a lot of the family dysfunction material is cast aside. Stars Arnie's son, who I didn't even know was an actor.

Fucking excited to watch this now, cheers.

His mother is a Kennedy don't forget.

Are the Kennedys really all that "liberal" though? JFK may have marked the last significant overlap of the mainstream/moderate left and right. It just goes to show how many democrats are actually deeply conservative.

Fucking excited to watch this now, cheers.

Are the Kennedys really all that "liberal" though? JFK may have marked the last significant overlap of the mainstream/moderate left and right. It just goes to show how many democrats are actually deeply conservative.

Oh for sure. But it's not a big leap for a young man from a partly Democrat family and working with progressive types in Hollywood to be 'woke'. Even though I hate that meaningless term.

Reactions: Einherjar86
This was completely batshit and I loved it.

Holy shit you weren't lying. Malignant was fucking amazeballs. It starts off as an almost artistic supernatural horror and quickly descends into some kind of action/horror Cronenberg meets Henenlotter nightmare.

I felt it was only really held back by some of the acting, but because of how well filmed it is, and the killer 80's synth meets modern techno soundtrack, it all mutates together into a really convincing package. Loved it too.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Dune was cool. It's nice to see such a reverent adaptation of such a dense book. I'm curious to see how general audiences will take to it when the whole thing is all worldbuilding and the big climax isn't even until part 2. I really thought they'd shoehorn some new action scenes in it somewhere but it's pretty much just what's in the book from what I recall.

Reactions: CiG