The Official Movie Thread

this movie only covers the first half of the first book
so theoretically, this could be the first in a series that covers the entire book saga
if they're even going to try to make a 3rd movie, the second one will pretty much have to clear up all the confusion of the first one, right??

@Einherjar86
this movie only covers part of the first book,
and i guess i'm kinda looking at this like the Twilight Saga or the Harry Potter books getting made into movie franchises
maybe they won't do the books written by Brian after Frank died, maybe they won't even try
but i just kinda assumed that this Villeneuve movie was going to be the first in a movie-franchise that shows us on movie-theater-screens the stories of all the Dune books that Frank himself wrote
so based on that theory
the first one is a little confusing, the second one clears up all the confusion of the first one, with the third one having a bunch of scenes that wont make sense unless you've seen the second one, even if you've seen the first one

@TageRyche
@Einherjar86
this movie only covers part of the first book,
and i guess i'm kinda looking at this like the Twilight Saga or the Harry Potter books getting made into movie franchises
maybe they won't do the books written by Brian after Frank died, maybe they won't even try
but i just kinda assumed that this Villeneuve movie was going to be the first in a movie-franchise that shows us on movie-theater-screens the stories of all the Dune books that Frank himself wrote
so based on that theory
the first one is a little confusing, the second one clears up all the confusion of the first one, with the third one having a bunch of scenes that wont make sense unless you've seen the second one, even if you've seen the first one

i think i phrased this kinda badly
i'm going to attempt to re-phrase it a little better

as far as i can tell
the studio that made Villeneuve's Dune has the movie rights to every book in the entire "Dune Universe"
(someone please tell me if I'm somehow wrong about this)
and I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell the books Brian wrote after Frank's death will ever get made into movies
(sad, but kinda understandable)
but then i just somehow kinda assumed that the studio making Villeneuve's Dune is fully intending to film all of the Dune books that Frank himself wrote
(like how all 4 books of the Twilight Saga and all 7 books of the Harry Potter Book series and all 3 of the Hunger Games trilogy of books all got made into movies)
so, then, if the studio is planning to make movies out of all the Dune Books that Frank himself wrote before he died, then theoretically, this actually is the explanation of why the first movie was not able to cover all the events of the first book, the first book was split into to 2 separate movies to make the entire movie series less confusing to people who have never read the book
if a movie is based on a book, then I'm sure @Einherjar86 will go ahead and read the book before the day the movie hits theaters
but, the problem here is random American movie-goers will not
sure, this specific Dune movie was a just a little confusing for people who didn't read the source-material
but imagine how much more confusing it would have been if the movie had crammed the entire 1st book into a single 2-hour-movie
(the 1st Dune book holds the record for having been rejected by the largest number individual book publishers before finally getting published and the reason for this is because of the huge-ass-amount of epic-world-building)
splitting the first book into 2 separate movies was really the only way we'd ever be able to get the events of the 2nd book onto theater-screens
because, Hollywood movie studios don't really give a shit about fans of the source material (at least not as much as @Einherjar86 seems to think)
Hollywood makes movies that are entertaining to specific people that don't even realize that the movie they're watching is even based on anything
(think about how when the very first Spider-man movie came out, there were a shit-ton of people who didn't initially realize that the spinnerets developing inside spider-man's forearms was anything different than what was in the comics, who the fuck was a hard-core fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy before the movie came out??, how many fans of the guardians of the galaxy movies realize that in the 616 comics Peter Quill marries Kitty Pryde from the X-men??, how many fans of the Doctor Strange movie realize that in the comics Kitty Pryde from the X-men takes a turn being Earth's Sorcerer Supreme?? how many fans of the X-men movies know that, in the comics, Emma Frost gets impregnated by Cyclops, has sex with Cyclops' brother Havok, and eats pussy?? my point here, is that Hollywood definitely does not make movies designed to be entertaining to "fans of the source-material")
so if anything is "confusing" about Villeneuve's 1st Dune movie, these confusing things will of-course be explained in the 2nd movie, they'll have to be, to get people to watch a 3rd movie, and i think that the studio is pretty clearly already intending for there to be a 3rd movie (and a 4th) really just based on the fact that the 1st movie didn't even try to cover the end of the 1st book

so, then, if the studio is planning to make movies out of all the Dune Books that Frank himself wrote before he died, then theoretically, this actually is the explanation of why the first movie was not able to cover all the events of the first book, the first book was split into to 2 separate movies to make the entire movie series less confusing to people who have never read the book

No. I do not agree with this, one thing does not follow from the other, and I do not care to respond substantively to this fucking diarrhea of a post.

kQdv_a.gif

Reactions: CiG
Mate he literally posts massive responses to his own comments from weeks, months, even years ago. He feeds himself.

At least if I don't ignore him I get the occasional chuckle.

About to watch this crazy shit:

sdfgsdg.jpg

Edit: Prisoners of the Ghostland was really fucking bizarre. Not sure how I feel about it. There were some really funny Cage moments though.

About to watch First Love. I guess it's a fucked up Japanese directors kind of night:

xxx.png

Last edited: