The Official Movie Thread

Watched Quarantine. It was absolutely terrible...I don't remember the last time I saw such horrible acting. There was nothing remotely good about this film.

I enjoyed [REC] and cringed when I heard that a remake was in the works but Quarantine is just a complete waste. Everything was done much better in the original film.

just purchased/watched Lawrence of Arabia and 13 Tzameti recently.

Didn't actually watch Lawrence of Arabia because I've already seen it and I didn't have 217 minutes to blow at the time. I'll probably check out the special features sometime this week.

13 Tzameti was somewhat a blind buy (been reading a lot of good things about it for a while now, but never saw much of it). I thought it was a pretty good movie, but was expecting more from all the talk it received.

I just finished watching Lawrence Of Arabia for the first time, though admittedly it took me three viewings to get through it. I thought it was great, though Peter O'Toole is a bit painful at times. Best bit: "No prisoners! No prisoners!"

I just finished watching Lawrence Of Arabia for the first time, though admittedly it took me three viewings to get through it. I thought it was great, though Peter O'Toole is a bit painful at times. Best bit: "No prisoners! No prisoners!"

It took me a couple times to get through it the first time as well. I found that I enjoyed Part I the most.

Picked up THX 1138 couple days ago. Looking forward to seeing it again and whatever special features it came with.

I liked it, I just divided it up it manageable sections, as I have a tendency to fall asleep during movies.

Thats exactly what happened to me on my first attempt. It also happened when I saw The Fire Within. I actually enjoy it when movies make me fall asleep though. It's not that I find them boring or the pacing to be too slow, but more relaxing and peaceful if that makes any sense.

Anyways, got 50% off the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition yesterday. Didn't make it through the whole thing, but plan on finishing it tonight.

I watched The Brothers Quay latest movie, The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes. It wasn't bad, but it didn't quite meet my expectations...and I have high expectations for the Quay Brothers. It was an interesting story, but it took a while for it to start to make sense, and the end was pretty rushed. But it was still a unique film.

Does anyone else here think Eyes Wide Shut is Kubrick's best movie? That's a bit controversial, and I sure do love his other movies, but there's just something about that one which is so great. It has this certain mood which all of his previous movies also had, but here it's perfected imo. Nicole Kidman is great in this one, and Tom Cruise makes his only good performance apart from Born On The 4th of July.

Tom Cruise was also quality in Jerry Maguire... and of course, Tropic Thunder.

Does anyone else here think Eyes Wide Shut is Kubrick's best movie? That's a bit controversial, and I sure do love his other movies, but there's just something about that one which is so great. It has this certain mood which all of his previous movies also had, but here it's perfected imo. Nicole Kidman is great in this one, and Tom Cruise makes his only good performance apart from Born On The 4th of July.

it's my favourite kubrick for sure, absolutely amazing film. maybe even my favourite of the '90s.

^Agreed

What are people here's opinions of Boondock Saints? One of my roommates really likes it and one of my roommates hates it. I watched it to settle the dispute and I fall on the hates it side. It was so childish, stupid and had a backwards morality. It had terrible acting and the pacing was all off. Just a shitty movie.

^Agreed

What are people here's opinions of Boondock Saints? One of my roommates really likes it and one of my roommates hates it. I watched it to settle the dispute and I fall on the hates it side. It was so childish, stupid and had a backwards morality. It had terrible acting and the pacing was all off. Just a shitty movie.

I saw it a long time ago, but I remember thinking it was a o-k film. I never understood the praise this film got.