The Official Movie Thread

I saw an Irish film called Isolation the other day. Considering it was about genetically engineered evil cows, it was pretty good. I felt that it kind of faltered towards the end though.

shocking news: the US remake of let the right one in (entitled let me in) is getting strong reviews across the board and currently sits at 100% on rotten tomatoes. even slant, a publication i respect and read regularly, liked it. wonders never cease.

If those ratings are true, then Let Me In would really surprise me. The original was fantastic, and the American trailers made it look like garbage.

I'm on the fence with Let Me In. I found zero I didn't like about the original and I still see no point in remaking a movie so soon aside from lazy and/or stupid people not wanting to read. I'm sure I'll see it when it comes out on Blu but I'm very content with my copy of the original. Hollywood is already lazy and I don't want this to become a trend.

I really don't see why they made a remake of let the right one in like 2 years after it came out....the people who really can appreciate the story are the ones who can read and thus the ones who can ejoy the movie. not an americanized version so its accessible to make mula

they have done with this time and time again with foreign movies. The Vanishing (Spoorlos is awesome-er than the Jeff Bridges/Sutherland remake), Insomnia (featuring the math professor from Good Will hunting as the detective) and now this..off the top of my head. I did just see a preview and it looked like gay makeup on a vampire, not that happy about that.

I'm on the fence with Let Me In. I found zero I didn't like about the original and I still see no point in remaking a movie so soon aside from lazy and/or stupid people not wanting to read. I'm sure I'll see it when it comes out on Blu but I'm very content with my copy of the original. Hollywood is already lazy and I don't want this to become a trend.

Well, it's already a trend, but...

I really don't see why they made a remake of let the right one in like 2 years after it came out....the people who really can appreciate the story are the ones who can read and thus the ones who can ejoy the movie. not an americanized version so its accessible to make mula

...from everything I've heard/read, it doesn't sound like the remake is more accessible. It sounds like a geniunely interesting take on what is alread a dark, twisted classic.

Insomnia (featuring the math professor from Good Will hunting as the detective)

Stellan Skarsgard (fucking metal name). And, interestingly enough, the remake featured Robin Williams as the killer (who played the psychologist in Good Will Hunting).

Two good movies I recently watched:

In the Bedroom - if you enjoy a movie where the characters are complex, the actors spot-on in their craft, and the story is compelling.

Dogtooth - Weird and mesmerizing. The film moves at a rather slow pace, yet it is captivating the entire time.