The things that make you angry thread

Laura..... wow
thanks for taking the time and typing this whole out... everythig that I feel about stuff like that had already been said here
but let me just add: NO one, including you, should never ever take "rumors" like this lightly...
It takes years to build a reputation or good name but it takes one hour to ruin it... rumors sink in, and I hate people who
spread them or start them... FUCK this place.
Surely Home Depot is not the ONLY place you can get a job with, right?

i'll give it like a week and see how thing turn out, i guess. it seems like the only places in my town that are hiring are gas stations and grocery stores. ugg. it's too expensive to drive much further away, and it's not like i'd be able to do anything other than the most basic peon customer service shit.

they're hiring some new cashiers so i guess i won't feel like i'm leaving them in such a bind ... and two of my closest friends there (lindsay and haleigh) both have wednesdays off, so they said we should all definitely have lunch whenever i have wednesdays off and, honestly, losing contact with the friends i have there is one of the biggest worries i have.

Well, if you do decide to stay, don't let ANYBODY I mean, *anybody* walk all over you, put you down, or spread dumb rumors about you...
I'm serious... and if this doesn't die out, complain to a supervisor or something!!

...or else I'll have to go there and kick their butts! ;)

i'll give it like a week and see how thing turn out, i guess. it seems like the only places in my town that are hiring are gas stations and grocery stores. ugg. it's too expensive to drive much further away, and it's not like i'd be able to do anything other than the most basic peon customer service shit.

they're hiring some new cashiers so i guess i won't feel like i'm leaving them in such a bind ... and two of my closest friends there (lindsay and haleigh) both have wednesdays off, so they said we should all definitely have lunch whenever i have wednesdays off and, honestly, losing contact with the friends i have there is one of the biggest worries i have.

Shhhiiiiiit son!
Get their numbers and make time to hang with those fools!

Other than that, Fuck Home Depot..... Right in the ear!

Most of my current friends are people I used to work with somewhere, or people that used to work where I do now. If these people are truly friends, then working at Home Depot should definitely not be your only means of seeing each other!

Somebody should call the store and ask to speak to a manager, then tell the manager that they were shopping in the store and heard some employees talking very nastily about another employee, and were so disgusted that they put down their $1500 worth of stuff and went to Lowe's instead...twice! :lol:

ahahah omg we get threats of "I'M GOING TO LOWES!!" all the time... like when we're doing our job and saying we can't accept a credit card that belongs to someone other than the person who's trying to use it and stuff.

Somebody should call the store and ask to speak to a manager, then tell the manager that they were shopping in the store and heard some employees talking very nastily about another employee, and were so disgusted that they put down their $1500 worth of stuff and went to Lowe's instead...twice! :lol:

I'll do it!

*looks at 502 area code*

Damn, they'd never believe I was there. :lol:

ahahah omg we get threats of "I'M GOING TO LOWES!!" all the time... like when we're doing our job and saying we can't accept a credit card that belongs to someone other than the person who's trying to use it and stuff.

Hahaha oh crap, that reminds me of what happened during our last Red Apple Sale. Usually I never ask for ID for credit purchases. They just swipe and sign and that's it. But sometimes the register will ask me to put in their driver's license number before the purchase can be completed. So, this happened during a transcation in which the lady was buying several of our morning specials before they were gone. Only problem was the credit card was her coworker's, who had supposedly sent her out to Macy's to buy these things for her. She got on the phone with her and everything. In reality she was probably telling the truth, but there was nothing I could do at that point. I was afraid she was going to have her friend give me her DL number over the phone. She didn't go so far as to try that, but I wouldn't have been able to accept that at that point anyway, because the person who owns the card has to be the one buying, in person. Then she just stood there for several minutes and looked at me. WTF people are dumb.

Anytime I'm out on the floor at work they have these two stupid fucking songs in rotation on one of the big TV's. I don't know why they play them, we're right next to the tallest building in Houston. Nobody who comes in the store listens to this shit. I've had to endure it so many times I actually have them memorized.

Last edited by a moderator: