The things that make you angry thread

Reminds me of a joke.

A man walks up to a hooker and asks, "How much for everything?"
"Two hundred dollars", she replies.
"How much for you to pee in a cup?"
"That'll be twenty dollars."
So he agrees to that, she lifts her skirt and fills the cup. The man promptly takes out his weiner and dunks it in the cup. "Take soup, you son of a bitch! Meat's too expensive!"

also - thought my day off would be relaxing. after i worked out, i went to my fave trendy coffee-place and tried to get some writing done but was way too worked-up about all the workplace shit and too anxiety-ridden about whatever fun developments await me tomorrow. *sighs* yeah, i think i'm giving it all one more week and then i'll decided whether or not i should put in my two-weeks.

Don't keep putting it off. Make your decision as soon as possible and stick with it or else you'll just feel like this forever. I'd have told them to eat fuck by now, but that's me. As hard as it is to believe, Home Depot isn't the only place for someone like you to find work. You're worth so much more.

i'm doing it more for their benefit, as my dept is already really understaffed. and employment oppurtunities here are kinda slim, so i'll have to spend some time looking around. plus... shit, right now i so don't want to have to go through the anxiety of a new workplace - training, new routine, the anxiety of new people and getting to know them after it's taken me so long to actually get close with the people at home depot. i know it sounds so fucking retarded but... *shrug* i just don't wanna deal with that shit.

maybe i'll take some time off or something.

you should feel no emotional attachment to a job like that. Whether you stay or go they will always be understaffed, its part of the business.

i'm doing it more for their benefit, as my dept is already really understaffed. and employment oppurtunities here are kinda slim, so i'll have to spend some time looking around. plus... shit, right now i so don't want to have to go through the anxiety of a new workplace - training, new routine, the anxiety of new people and getting to know them after it's taken me so long to actually get close with the people at home depot. i know it sounds so fucking retarded but... *shrug* i just don't wanna deal with that shit.

maybe i'll take some time off or something.
Well the alternative to not dealing with that shit is being stuck in this seemingly endless cycle you've gotten into. It kinda feels to me like you're making up excuses so you don't have to deal with the things you're scared of. Guess what? Those things will never go away unless you do something about it. So you can sit around and complain all the time, feel like shit, and keep convincing yourself that there's no hope, or you can rise up and actually do something to improve your situation.

Who cares if job ops are slim? It makes no difference if you're still working somewhere you hate where people talk shit. Finding a new job takes time... sometimes a lot longer than you'd wish or think it would. That's life and we all have to deal with it. As far as your anxiety is concerned... I think if you made a conscious effort to take more control of your life and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks of it, you'd see a dramatic improvement in this area. I used to have anxiety too, and I was able to get over it once I decided that I'm going to do whatever I want, whenever I want and anyone that doesn't like it can piss off. If people say shit about me that's not true... I feel bad for them because they have to make shit up to feel better about themselves. I'm above that, I don't do it to other people, and when they do it to me it's nice because then I know who I don't ever have to pay any attention to again.

I know it's a lot easier said than done, but I really think it'd help if you improved your opinions of yourself. All the people in the world can give you all the best compliments you've ever heard but it won't make any difference unless you agree with them. And people that compliment you are people that actually care enough to say it, so there's no reason to believe it's not true.

And yes, what Derick said. Fuck that huge corporation, it's not like they've never been in that situation before. It won't even phase them. Don't worry about what anyone else working there will think. If they get mad at you for leaving them understaffed because people are ceaselessly talking shit and spreading nasty untrue rumors about you, then they obviously don't give a shit about you in the first place.

Let someone else take your place as a target for their incompetence.

Well the alternative to not dealing with that shit is being stuck in this seemingly endless cycle you've gotten into. It kinda feels to me like you're making up excuses so you don't have to deal with the things you're scared of. Guess what? Those things will never go away unless you do something about it. So you can sit around and complain all the time, feel like shit, and keep convincing yourself that there's no hope, or you can rise up and actually do something to improve your situation.

Who cares if job ops are slim? It makes no difference if you're still working somewhere you hate where people talk shit. Finding a new job takes time... sometimes a lot longer than you'd wish or think it would. That's life and we all have to deal with it. As far as your anxiety is concerned... I think if you made a conscious effort to take more control of your life and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks of it, you'd see a dramatic improvement in this area. I used to have anxiety too, and I was able to get over it once I decided that I'm going to do whatever I want, whenever I want and anyone that doesn't like it can piss off. If people say shit about me that's not true... I feel bad for them because they have to make shit up to feel better about themselves. I'm above that, I don't do it to other people, and when they do it to me it's nice because then I know who I don't ever have to pay any attention to again.

I know it's a lot easier said than done, but I really think it'd help if you improved your opinions of yourself. All the people in the world can give you all the best compliments you've ever heard but it won't make any difference unless you agree with them. And people that compliment you are people that actually care enough to say it, so there's no reason to believe it's not true.
that makes so much sense that i don't think i can comprehend it.

i will make a decision and it will most likely be to leave home depot. i just wanna give it a few more days so i know i'm not doing anything too rash

And yes, what Derick said. Fuck that huge corporation, it's not like they've never been in that situation before. It won't even phase them. Don't worry about what anyone else working there will think. If they get mad at you for leaving them understaffed because people are ceaselessly talking shit and spreading nasty untrue rumors about you, then they obviously don't give a shit about you in the first place.

Let someone else take your place as a target for their incompetence.
they haven't been apathetic or anything. my dept supervisors have told me that they will do anything they can, talk to whoever they need to to try getting this taken care of, but i just don't have concrete proof of who this is originating from or who's saying what, it's pretty much all just gossip and i don't wanna point any fingers and get anyone in trouble for no reason. and i also don't wanna feed this fucking monster by saying "i heard from this person that this person is saying this stuff" when it could all be lies.

like i said, i just don't wanna do anything too rash or impulsive.

that makes so much sense that i don't think i can comprehend it.

i will make a decision and it will most likely be to leave home depot. i just wanna give it a few more days so i know i'm not doing anything too rash
Yeah, think it out. Talk to your close friends and get their advice. Then listen to what your gut is telling you and GO WITH IT. Don't over think it because then you'll just end up back at square one because you put it off for too long again. Thinking won't get the mission accomplished, only action will.

And I can say from experience that disagreeing and going against what your gut instinct (it's really your heart talking to you, not your gut) is telling you is usually the worst idea.

Good luck :)

I still think you're making a big mistake by not reporting the bullshit you're going through. Not only are you hurting yourself, but you're leaving the workplace in the same state so this bullshit can happen to another girl. See the legal term is called a poisoned workplace, which basically is a human right's violation (at least in Canada that is what it is). You can't be expected to earn a living when you have co-workers belittling you, making you sick, upset, anxious, losing sleep, etc... whatever the case may be. Really, please dig around for the courage to report that shit, you could take them to court and settle for some money too.

EDIT: Fuck I missed like 10 posts :lol: But still, "it's pretty much all just gossip and i don't wanna point any fingers and get anyone in trouble for no reason." well, you shouldn't feel torn up. You don't want to be making baseless claims but if you're pretty sure you don't want to be holding back for some stupid reason. You have rights, and this bullshit is infringing upon them.

In my experience, Russell is correct, and it often INCREASES rumors and behind the scenes drama.