The things that make you angry thread

Had this fucking meeting this morning. So many people just got fired. Basically my supervisor who just became supervisor and hasn't even been working in the warehouse for a year, fucked up when some important guy came in to look at the store last night. He wasn't happy with the way things were, and the supervisor told us our jobs are on the line for it, not his.

Which pisses me off because it's his fault things are the way they are, I do every damn thing he tells me to do and then some. Then he gets angry that I had to leave an hour earlier than what was on the schedule yesterday when I just gave up both of my off days because he wanted me to work, I stay later than the schedule every single day and I hit overtime every week since I started and don't get paid for it.

I think at this point I'm just going to go through the motions until I get fired, I've had it with this job. I'd rather be working in fast food again.

Thanks. I feel compelled to mention this as it's that 4th funeral I've attended of a school friend's since last February (out of 5 total deaths), and I'm a tad exasperated. Also, the religiosity of funeral services for a person or family who have no faith in organised religion leaves a sour taste and feels out-of-place.

god... I'm so sorry to hear this Lad.... 4th funeral? jees...

*hugs* Be strong, friend.

@ the accents issue: At this point I'm not even sure what kind of accent I have... Poeple in VA think I'm American but from "New England" somewhere, and
when I'm up north, everybody asks me where did I get this 'cute mild accent'... so yeah. I don't even know.

As Derick or Morgana will tell you, the accent in Northern VA, DC or MD is very "vanilla" anyways...

California accent is great btw, I'll have to agree. Before I moved to the states I used to think that the Cali accent is "the ultimate American accent"
and everybody else speaks with a dialect... haha!

I was detecting race jokes, but I got sidelined thinking about vanilla ice cream and chocolate fudge sauce. Vanilla and chocolate go together so well in every respect except with people.

Fucking people.

Residents of Maryland, NoVA, DC, do tend to think they really don't have any sort of accent, but lots of people say its definitely there, and annoying, no less! Its been referred to as very "nasally," and upon thinking about it (like the way I say orange) it makes sense!

edit: Baltimore is not allowed to be considered in this accent from the area thing, haha.