The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Just snagged my first Cure album and it's sitting pretty well with me so far. Today was the first snow of the year and the skies are completely gray outside, and it's working well with the atmosphere. Favorite so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unable to satisfy my jazz Obsession with mere Guitar, I went and got this today
69477_10150304015700463_623505462_15562979_4649824_n.jpg

Hopefully I can play some classic Miles Davis/ Ron Carter tunes with this badboy

also, digging Nosaj Thing right now

And Einjerhar, wherever you are, thanks for mentioning Man's Gin. Listened to the full length and its fantastic.

I thought Man's Gin was hit and miss. I love what they are trying to do, but the vocals honestly need to be stronger throughout. Nuclear Ambition is the clear highlight of the record. Hopefully Wunder becomes a better singer in the near future.

I've been really enjoying Nick Drake and Jackson C. Frank today. 60s and 70s singer/songwriter stuff. Both singers lived tragic lives but made some awe-inspiring music.

This video is from Daft Punk's movie Electroma, and the imagery of the man on fire really fits if you are familiar with Frank's biography--he was severely burned at age 11 when a furnace in his school exploded and engulfed the place:

And some Nick Drake stuff:

^ Fuck, I just listened to Five Leaves Left for the first time today. The song I remember best is River Man, that was fucking incredible.

I've known about ND forever just from people associating Opeth's soft music with him, but never got interested in listening until I'd read about him from a few other places. It does appear as though Opeth ripped an inordinate number of ideas from him (as well as from Camel). Makes me wonder how many other bands Opeth are derivative of.