The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I have been devouring dubstep and deep house again. An hour or two of some of the grimiest dub I can find and then offset it with an hour of deep house = win.

Like so:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to a good bit of Trip Hop lately. Dunno why really, just has me captivated for some reason. Guess it's the atmosphere.

How i didn't discover this band until now is beyond me, best track off the album imo...great stuff

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIlG0TmxzTs&feature=related[/ame]

Definitely. Figured i would have discovered all the good 70's prog by now but apparently not. Have any other recommendations that i might not know of Mut? (didn't really dig the song you posted on this page tbh but im open to any others)

Wondering if I can get some decent recommendations for classical music.

Friend of mine started me off with Dvorak's 9th Symphony as well as The Slavonic Dances and I'm liking it a good bit, want to explore more not just him but other composers as well.

Definitely. Figured i would have discovered all the good 70's prog by now but apparently not. Have any other recommendations that i might not know of Mut? (didn't really dig the song you posted on this page tbh but im open to any others)

Have you listened to Tubular Bells? It's extremely different then other prog albums. It's one of my top 3 prog albums. It's only two songs, and it really should be listened to as an album, but here's my favorite part of it. Oh, and besides the master of ceremonies, it's all instrumental. One more thing, it's where the Exorcist theme came from.

What about Wishbone Ash? They pretty much started the whole twin guitar thing.

I'm sure there are tons of prog bands, I haven't really explored it much, but maybe check out http://www.progarchives.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking out some of their YouTube stuff and i must say i'm really impressed. They sound like Uriah Heep a little but more diverse and a hell of alot more talented.