The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

the lyrics that appear in the preview image for that lil wayne song make me want to never listen to that song, or anything else by lil wayne.

been listening to mostly jazz and classical music for a while now, really liking the russian composers

shostakovich
prokofiev
rachmaninoff

also

gustav holst
bruckner
bruch
mahler

a lot of romantic and 20th century stuff

as for jazz, well i love a lot of shit

stan getz
miles davis
john coltrane
gerry mulligan
billy taylor
jimmy raney
joe pass
bill evans
art tatum
charlie parker
dizzy gillespie
terence blanchard
wynton marsalis (also love his classical work)

pretty much into everyone right now, list would be to long if i went on
but albums i've particularly played a lot are... giant steps, blue train, kind of blue, bill evans trio w/ stan getz, art tatum solo masterpieces etc..

I've posted this track a couple of times, fucking massive. Anyone know anymore good dubstep?

Yeah check these three videos out that highlight some of my favorite dubstep tracks. (click on them to view them on youtube because you can skip each song through the description bar)

Last edited by a moderator:
uk dubstep producers got over that tear out midrangey stuff in 2007, dunno why that became the defacto style in the usa (well i guess its because it appeals to bros)

I'm a sucker for this kind of music! Do you have anything more similar?

I don't know exactly what Gjallarhorn is classified as. It's not really folk, more like 'world music' or how you call it. Garmarna perhaps.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufnnr_q1yfE&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=MLGxdCwVVULXfP4RWsI:rofl:bl65NApVXJ2hc[/ame]

My dubstep rant is that it's too hard to dance to. I hate the slow motion backwards DnB-stepping.

I saw Lynx perform live in Berlin on Jan. 1 - now there is some HEAVY drum and bass, too bad he is shit live

why is everybody so stoked on this Skrillex guy? Fuck, its super fucking lame. My town is swamped with Dubstep, but not the good stuff like Burial and Kode9. Just bullshit like Datsik and Skrillex. Turns my stomach

obvious answer: because they're stupid.

Poll question: Do you think Buckethead is Paul Gilbert? Their hands look EXACTLY THE SAME.

My town is swamped with Dubstep, but not the good stuff like Burial and Kode9.

I just youtubed both of those and they aren't too bad, nothing I'd seek out to buy though. I'm about ready to give up on dubstep bar the odd track. It seems that some good breaks/idm is better than dubstep any day of the week.