The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Was rocking out in the lounge room to this big time yesterday. 90's bigbeat/breaks for the motherfucking win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishbone Ash - Argus is definitely in my all-time top 5, metal or non-metal. Sometime World is one of those amazingly inspiring songs that make me think "wow, I want to write a book about this feeling". I'm too incompetent to actually do so, but everything I hope to do in every creative endeavour I have is to express a feeling like that.

Pilgrimage is pretty good too, especially the opener. Haven't been able to get into any of their other albums, though.

I've barely listened to any metal at all the past few months (a little Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend and Triptykon, mainly) so I got some awesome non-metal on my mind. Can't verify the quality of these videos because my sound is broken. (It's not a sound card issue, I've tried different ones and none of them work. A computer-savvy friend of mine tells me that XP is a very stable OS, but that it slowly disintegrates over time and the problems I'm having sound like symptoms of XP "falling apart". So I'm gonna do a reinstall once I get over this horribly incapacitating flu.)

Been obsessed with Kent for the past half year. Any Swedes among you may find this laughable. They're sort of like a Swedish equivalent to Coldplay in terms of popularity, but their popularity is well deserved. I grew up hearing their songs on the radio constantly and never really cared for them much. But this summer, they were playing at a festival in town and I thought I'd give some of their albums a spin in preparation. That I fell in love with them completely goes to show that there's a difference between hearing music and listening to music.

Although I think much of their music is lost in translation, these guys make some of the most perfectly structured, heartbreaking alternative rock ever.

Big fan of Doves' debut:

Trying to get into Mojave 3 - Ask Me Tomorrow, but aside from the amazing bookends I find it forgettable. Still hoping it'll grow on me, thouh.

And some other stuff:

Feel like an astronaut, in a submarine

I always fucking get in tears when I hear this song.

Everybody Knows this is Nowhere always makes me feel so nostalgic of when I was a kid and would ride in the truck with my dad and we would blast that album.

it's a fantastic album. one of those that's seriously beyond criticism. cowgirl in the sand, oh man.

VP: s/t wishbone ash is also really good imo if you haven't heard it.

Actually Lifelover is slightly worse. And this song makes me nostalgic about the 90s and Varan-Tv:

Is this an argument for Kent? No, all in all they are crap.

I dont know what the fuck they're talking about... but the bass groove is just awesome.

I also vaguely think I remember this music in some warner bros cartoon.