The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I'm on a Kansas "Dust in the Wind" kick.

Also, Gaate and Iron & Wine are great for background music when I need to focus.
So damn good.

I've known about ND forever just from people associating Opeth's soft music with him, but never got interested in listening until I'd read about him from a few other places. It does appear as though Opeth ripped an inordinate number of ideas from him (as well as from Camel). Makes me wonder how many other bands Opeth are derivative of.

Well the band Blackwater Park obviously was influential :lol:

Mikael has a ridiculous collection of old and very obscure prog rock stuff so i'm sure there are a lot of influential bands that no one knows about

Well my nose is long and my temper's short
And I want to know everything
People like lead boots are holdin' me down
And I'll drown if it ever rains
Well I ain't lyin' there's good folks dyin'
And everybody's got a way
C'mon people think about this
Is this the way you wanna be

Well I can think of a dozen or more
Ways of catastrophe
Friends, beggars, hookers, thieves
Anything you wanna see
They all come down on the Kool-Aid Kids
Gonna try and steal their dimes
Common people don't make no sense
Whoa it's such a crime

Picture their faces
Smiling
Each in their places
counting on their toes
Secret ambition
Trying
Wide open spaces
You're invited, too

New-Order-Singles-337408.jpg

Good old New Order,I always return to this every once in a while.It's a great double album with some great tunes.

Just heard this group about 30 minutes ago, and cannot stop listening to this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
My girlfriend had me listen to this really awesome folksy broad named Marissa Nadler and since I first spun The Saga Of Mayflower May I've absolutely loved it. Can't stop listening

So I have to say The Eagles, are probably in my Top 10 favorite bands of all-time. Don Henley has some of the best vocals for slow, emotional songs.

I'm really starting to get into old-school screamo, although I've only discovered a few bands. I particularly enjoy the ambient intros.