The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Not gonna lie. I loves me some stupid hip-hop. "trap muzik" type shit. If I'm not blasting metal, I've got A$AP Mob, SpaceGhostPurrp, 2 Chainz, Clipse, Wiz Khalifa, Meek Mill, Gucci, Waka Flocka, all that nonsense. I have bass in the vehicle, so it's fun as hell to just cruise around. These have been on rotation heavily lately:

It's really nice to be able shut off your brain sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I have a hefty collection of Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, POS, El-P, Saul Williams, Illogic, Madvillain and what have you, but honestly it is super relaxing to have that kinda shit rattling your teeth and lyrics that don't make you think too hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally love Falco (RIP).

He was the true white rap pioneer, fuck vanilla ice.

He has better songs though

Recently it's these three.

cd-cover.jpg

Kraftwerk-Computerwelt-492663.jpg

paco-aguas.jpg

This was fucking incredible, thank you.

Yes, it amuses me that these two Swedish sisters can pull off a wholly American sound and make it more relevant than the vast majority of American country artists in a very long while.

They've got nothing on my absolute favorite, Sera Cahoone, though

The new Swans album is in constant rotation. Really one of the best albums I've heard in years. I keep trying to describe it, but it's so broad in scope that it's extremely difficult to articulate. I will say that it contains some of the heaviest and most abrasive sounds I've ever heard on this album. This 30 minute song is astonishing (for the Cliff Notes version listen to minutes 7-22).

The new Chelsea Wolfe sounds like it will be excellent. Her voice is exquisite on the chorus.

About to check out the new Sabbath Assembly. Their debut was pretty fun.

I can't wait to pre-order her next album. She is so imaginative. I still haven't heard anything remotely like "Mer."

What are his best albums, aside "The Eminem Show"?

The Eminem show has some of his best songs on it, it's just not very consistent. These are his other good releases.

The Slim Shady LP
The Marshall Mathers LP
Infinite
Encore
Raw and uncut

D12 - Devils night (Some good songs)

I don't like his newer stuff.

Mobb Deep - "The Infamous"
Nas - "Illmatic"
Notorious B.I.G. - "Ready To Die"
Aesop Rock - "Labor Days"
Black Star - "Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star"