The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Wrong is defo an awesome album. So is Sex Mad. That whole jazzy/"tech" hardcore thing that was going around that time is one of my favorite non-metal things. Getting into Th'Inbred right now, who I guess are a little more on the Die Kreuzen side of things (more dissonant and less swinging/fun) but with some early emotive hardcore influences too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZspWmvk5s

Controversial opinions on Pixies time: Silver is a fucking awesome song and easily one of the best on that album.

Still haven't heard Surfer Rosa btw, need to get on that eventually.

Love them.

Wrong is defo an awesome album. So is Sex Mad. That whole jazzy/"tech" hardcore thing that was going around that time is one of my favorite non-metal things. Getting into Th'Inbred right now, who I guess are a little more on the Die Kreuzen side of things (more dissonant and less swinging/fun) but with some early emotive hardcore influences too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZspWmvk5s

Checking out Th'Inbred now, not bad at all. Haven't heard Sex Mad yet either. I look forward to checking out a bunch of NoMeansNo.

Controversial opinions on Pixies time: Silver is a fucking awesome song and easily one of the best on that album.

I don't think there's a bad moment on Doolittle. Everything fits. It's genius. That said, if I wanted to play someone a song off the album to get them into it, Silver would probably be last in line.

Still haven't heard Surfer Rosa btw, need to get on that eventually.

The Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim combined cd is as good as Doolittle imo. Just a little more rough around the edges.

Next on my list is Trompe Le Monde purely for Alec Eiffel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've listened to a few Mogwai songs. Not something I feel like diving into, but I like "Jaguar".

How about Barn Owl?

I really like listening to ABBA. Especially since I upgraded my audio by just getting a bigger desk and then dumping the PC speakers and plugging in my hifi amp and bookshelf speakers to the computer and setting it up around the monitor. That was one hell of a fucking improvement. Can't see how much difference a DAC is going to make, but I might get one if find one cheap. I love big improvements in stuff that don't involve an outlay of money though, just rearranging the house. The bigger desk was really cheap and was in a used furniture place literally opposite my house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d5dPYHi17k

There's something about the way the verses are sung / spoken in time with the music that really works. I suspect pop music will eventually all get like this.

Some really good indie - kind of sad, depressing content, but its told in such a way that it always feels light and easy to listen to

I already consider Jailbreak one of the best rock albums ever, but this might top it?

20141112233621!Thin_Lizzy_-_Thunder_and_Lightning.jpg

I always imagined Persian traditional music might not sound very appealing to anyone rather than (even only some) Iranians,
Then you might be surprised that even though I haven't been listening to them for quite a while now, I like the albums "Shoorideh" and "Gol-e Behesht" by Parissa and the Ensemble Dastan very much (I saw this combination once live in Cologne 10 years ago and would like to see it again).

I also like the DVD of Sima Bina and the Ensemble Dastan which this song is taken from:

Then you might be surprised that even though I haven't been listening to them for quite a while now, I like the albums "Shoorideh" and "Gol-e Behesht" by Parissa and the Ensemble Dastan very much (I saw this combination once live in Cologne 10 years ago and would like to see it again).

I also like the DVD of Sima Bina and the Ensemble Dastan which this song is taken from:

Haha, damn.. man I love Parissa. Even after all the years she still looks and sounds good. Sima Bina is also very popular even though neither of them have been able to perform in Iran after the Islamic lunatics took over.

1) Old school Neil Young is the best.
2) I wish The Avalanches made another album. Their first (and only) album is the only plunderphonics album I really enjoy. DJ Shadow's "...Endtroducing" is good, but its not as enjoyable.