The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

This latest Death Grips is very spotty, but has moments that work hard. It's so, so different than everything that came before. I think I only like about 3.5 tracks on it. It's on the verge of something great, but I think they lack either someone in the band or a producer who will put it all together.

Here is what I liked:

Last edited by a moderator:
Death Grips - Niggas on the Moon is about 40 minutes, so sure, it's worth checking out. It's all online for free. I thought it was a step back from Government Plates, but maybe I missed something. Government Plates is underrated. I think it's the best from start to finish.

Alina, do you have the 2-disc set? Unfortunately it was out of my price range, so I only have the Passage to Rhodesia album. As expected, it's magnificent.

Nope, I don't. I was aiming to buy it but I give all my money for different matters now, haha. I heard it though, and honestly - it's nice and all, but it's fully ambient (which is Rome's specialty) but I'm not sure I'd want to hear it for a second time. I mean it's a great piece of work and it definitely completes the set, yet as for music matter - it's hard to listen to often.

I like TV On The Radio. Not all of their stuff, but some of it is pop perfection. I wish pop music was more like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I did Brotha Lynch Hung - Meat Cleaver at karaoke two weeks ago.

Had to change some of the words around so as to not get cut off halfway through the song, but it was awesome regardless.

Fucking Purity Ring man. Love em.

Except when I shelled out $90 for me and my ex to see them and the fool got too fucked up to even play his show. Yea, that was fun...