The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I enjoy random YouTube covers from time to time. Fuck you all if you dislike this.

Today - Smashing Pumpkins (Piano and Vocal Cover):

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently had an epiphany with the Smashing Pumpkins. I used to hate them. But I heard Siamese Dreams again after so many years, and it fucking rules hard.

Somewhat related to your interest in covers.... I've got a thing for a'cappella. I think it's a totally under-appreciated 'genre', the amount of time it takes to create a purely-vocal song is impressive. I'll admit this dude seems like a bit of a fag, but I hear those people are the same as us normal people and I thought these were cool.

Dweller: I actually haven't heard that much from her, but i thought her cover for Slayer's Raining Blood was pretty cool. Hmmm.

Mort:S does a lot of cool sounds with the music but not too sure about her voice. The Carissa's Weird tracks were cool. I'll have to check them out more, thanks for the recs

interestingly enough jenn ghetto was in carissa's wierd and now performs as S

but the way she does the vocals in S is a lot different than in CW so i understand that

Stuff like this is why I can't take "sad" or "depressing" metal seriously outside of a few exceptions, it just doesn't even come close to approaching the pain that a group like CW managed to communicate through their music

I'm super late to listening to the last Queens of the Stone Age album, but I finally picked it up a month or so ago. I cannot believe how much I hate it. It has a ton of super positive reviews too. It doesn't sound like the same band at all. I'm fairly open minded to a band changing their sound, but this should have been a separate project from QOTSA IMO.

Jealous!

Also just came across JNatural

Pretty damn good.

Another pretty good female rapper

Fishmans - Long Season (1996)

Stumbled upon this Japanese band and really enjoyed. Proggy, but catchy and not at all ostentatious. Moving the melody around to a bunch of instruments and tones keeps this track/album mostly fresh throughout. It's a bit saggy in the sample-heavy middle, but finishes with a great final 10 minutes. A frame of reference for metal listeners would be the types of side projects the wives of the Norwegian black metal dudes would do.

I've been getting more and more country in my old age. Hell of a movie too!

all of this korean k pop I see back a few pages just makes me feel kind of racist. i mean, ugh, it's just nothing, like more vapid than 90s europop. all of those plain characterless girls trying to look cute. eww.

it only makes you feel that way because you are

Oh wait, someone singing about their sexual awakening and exploring their sexuality and owning it in a positive way? Huh...must be a vapid slut right?

EDIT: Fully aware this is just one song

Reminds me of this

21aij9u.gif